How the heck do I install Zone Builder on MacOS without everything going awry?

SIG7Pro

I hate my life.
The title is my question and everything is going wrong. (I hope I'm not typing this in the wrong place, I haven't used the Message Board in so long.)

So basically I managed to do most things relating to the installation instructions on the wiki until step 4 for when it says to choose the setup executable. I managed to get the installer to work before but now it doesn't appear to launch the installer at all but gives this error:
Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 7.50.26 PM.png

I tried copying a folder of an existing install that I copied to my downloads folder some time ago but then trying to do a Test Run on that doesn't work an gives an error. (Attached file: LastRunWine.txt is the error log.) I've updated and refreshed the wrapper used to no avail (in the tools tab.) If I were to launch the normal app 'script' aka Contents/MacOS/wineskinlauncher in the terminal, nothing gets logged.

I'm running Wineskin 2.9.2.0

If I were to use the WS11WineCX64-Bit23.5.0 (D3DMetal-v1.0wip3) or WS11WineCX64-Bit22.1.1-14_D3DMetal-v1.0.4 engines, the installer doesn't launch but 21.2.0 64-Bit version can launch it.

After switching engines a few times, the Wine Prefix decided to update.
Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 10.37.31 PM.png

When I try to use the installer, it says it can't install Visual C++ 2008 SP1 ATL Security Update.
Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 10.40.25 PM.png

I tried to install the Wine packages again to see if that would fix the installer problem but it didn't and now I'm just stuck in a bunch of circles...

Anyone got any help with this or even a copy of ZBuilder on OSX?
Post automatically merged:

Update: I managed to instead create a Wineskin Wrapper of 7Zip and then I managed to launch Zone Builder from there. Though when creating or opening a new map, it crashes on impact.

Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 11.32.51 PM.png

Attachments

• 1697680864370.png
    1697680864370.png
    262.1 KB · Views: 31
  • LastRunWine.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Why are you using Wineskin? Why not plain Wine, PlayOnMac, or maybe even CrossOver? (There's also a program called Winetricks that can install various weird DLLs and other dependencies you'd need to run certain programs. You could also try to install Wine using Homebrew, MacPorts, or Fink. There's also the Wine Staging version which might work better than the plain Wine, because it has some experimental features turned on.)

Why are you using Wineskin? Why not plain Wine, PlayOnMac, or maybe even CrossOver? (There's also a program called Winetricks that can install various weird DLLs and other dependencies you'd need to run certain programs. You could also try to install Wine using Homebrew, MacPorts, or Fink. There's also the Wine Staging version which might work better than the plain Wine, because it has some experimental features turned on.)
1. Wineskin was the recommended program for this.
2. I couldn't get it to work with plain Wine. (I tried the staged version of it iirc.) Though maybe I could try the options provided that I haven't yet.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back