How many of you lurked before joining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have, for quite some time. After joining (as a newb) I was Tempbanned for a very long and unnecessarily bad time. In that time I lurked more. Then SSNTails was nice enough to pull up my account and fix it.

Have any of you lurked before you joined this forum?

I did. I started when I was 11 or 12, and since you have to be 13 to join, I just lurked til then.

They (And by they, I mean some major company that claim "BLAH" is unsuitable so the kids can't see it, forgot the name) want only people 13 and older to join message boards because they think "It'll be unsuitable and have bad words for them lol it's a bad example". But usually, People just lie about there age.

Still, back on topic. I joined when I was 10, I lurked until I was eleven, also known as my noob period, I lurked more until about... some time in '07, because I felt I should leave the board. (I made a really nooby mistake for answering a question in a topic.) 10 year olds have feelings too :(. Now I'm 12, and I probably won't lurk any more, because I feel like I'm accepted member of the board.

So, I didn't lurk just before I joined, I also lurked after I got yelled at by another user.

I lurked for some time, near the end of 1.08. Finally joined soon after 1.09, I think. (Sep. 2005)

Actually, I was lurking here for about 2 weeks, then joined when I was 11...
I remember joining a forum, and it said:
"The United States Of America's Government's laws demand you to be 13 or older to register on these message boards."
And I don't even LIVE in USA...So why does that have to apply to the whole world?
Anyway yeah, joined two weeks after searching forums, went for about 1/2 year/s, came back recently to SRB2 in January, life goes on.

I remember lurking around the net and finding SRB2 on my cousins computer and playing it when I was 5 or 6, I don't know how or why I came accross it but I think it was around 1.08 or so, I think it might have been an ad (?). Around 12 or 13, I lurked and found SRB2 again. I decided to join the community not long afterward.

I spent a long time lurking on these forums, though I didn't lurk constantly. I don't remember when I started, I believe it was sometime after trying out Demo 4. I didn't want to join at the time because I didn't know how I would contribute to it. Eventually though, I decided that I should join after the release of 1.09.4 and now I am here.

RE4FAN said:
"The United States Of America's Government's laws demand you to be 13 or older to register on these message boards."
And I don't even LIVE in USA...So why does that have to apply to the whole world?

Because the American government think they own the entire world, even though George Bush can't even manage his own country without being an idiot, let alone the entire world.

I can't remember, I think I lurked for a bit. The first time I entered the community was via the IRC chatroom, I was in a netgame on Battleships with ST218, Spazzo and co. the very same evening =P

Jazz said:
An easier question would be:

"Who didn't lurk before joining?"
Me. Unless a few hours are considered lurking. I had to join because I couldn't install SRB2 X_X

I lurked for a week or two before joining. Although, that's not a lot compared to how much some people have lurked.

I lurked for about 3 months, starting in February '05. I first joined the chat far before that (Demo 4.35), but I left shortly afterwards, only to return during 1.08.

I didn't really lurk. I would just play netgames and someone would come in and say, "Hey, get <wad name>, it is neat!" Me, still learning the ways of the online game, went and got it. Eventually I made an acount because I though I was being nice and uploading SMS for some guy I didn't know. I never got back on it. My sister took my account while I was interested in Melee again. Then I got hooked on SRB2 again and took my account back.

Jazz said:
An easier question would be:

"Who didn't lurk before joining?"

Because a large majority of these people lurked. :P

And besides the fact I AM ten.. and George W. Bush is getting kicked out of the office. So be glad. >_>

mikesword221 said:
2006.Didn't get my account till 2007.So I lurked till the day came.
Same here, except I joined in March of 2007, and started lurking around December of 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back