How does ThrustFactor work in the air?

marievpyre

I'm trying to allow the player to move as fluidly in the air as they do on the ground, but I've run into an issue. I started with Spinning by editing its ThrustFactor, and I thought it was a 10 times multiplier. However, I realized that it swaps between 10 and 20 based on if you're holding forward and side or if you're only holding side respectively. This leads into the issue I found in the air: I have no clue what any of the multipliers are because there are so many variables, and the exact numbers don't seem to be documented anywhere. Can someone help me figure them out?

You might want to examine the 3D movement code in p_user.c, linked above. From what I can deduce, the amount of "push" you can provide is divided by a constant regardless of your thrustfactor, depending on if you're in the air, thokking, going over max flight speed etc. Looking at how "movepushforward" and "movepushside" get affected could be useful.

I figured out what the problem was: Spinning for some reason completely disallows forward movement, but I don't know how to re-enable it. Would you happen to know?

You might want to examine the 3D movement code in p_user.c, linked above. From what I can deduce, the amount of "push" you can provide is divided by a constant regardless of your thrustfactor, depending on if you're in the air, thokking, going over max flight speed etc. Looking at how "movepushforward" and "movepushside" get affected could be useful.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back