How do you use wads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

I know, I know, this is prolly a newbish question, but how do you activate the .wad files in the game? Or atleast where do I paste the .wad files?

http://www.srb2wiki.sepwich.com/ answers your question and helps alot. It is quite definitive missing only extensive descriptions on some of the hundreds of editing terms, and walkthroughs on unofficial levels.

I've found great use for it especially recently. It is also pretty straight-foward so I'm sure you can figure it out.

Will you people PLEASE stop answering threads with generic subject lines???

SSNTails said:
Will you people PLEASE stop answering threads with generic subject lines???
k, well im glad they did, i needed help, im not a genius ya kno. Coding doesn't come natural to me, but I do learn quick thankfully, didn't think the name of the subject mattered, I guess I just thought that it was the question that counted and the answer more importantly. I mean, this is the help section right? Help was needed and help was provided thanks to JEV3 ;)

Hm... The FAQ and Wiki exists, huh, Julian? First read them, and then answer. Anyways, tell me if neither of them exists. ;)

Nev3r said:
Hm... The FAQ and Wiki exists, huh, Julian? First read them, and then answer. Anyways, tell me if neither of them exists. ;)
I Didn't know they existed until I was told, so I've already done that the same day I was told about the FAQ and the Wiki page (Obviously after I asked the question), so I already know everything now, that's why I said "Thanks everyone ;)", that was obviously a way of saying "Good, I got my answers now, this subject is done."

Last night I was simply responding to SSNTails's quote saying that I shouldn't have been helped because my subject name was dumb and I personally thought that was pretty rude.

I've been doing a lot of reading in this forum and this forum has lots of cool people, but it has people that are unnecessarily rude as well, just because they think they can be, just because it's online and they have the power to ban people and such, that's not cool, I don't think somebody should be roasted for asking a very simple question.

I mean come on now, cut the drama and the theatrics and act like adults here, that would make it a more comfortable place for everyone if we all acted like I adults, I know we do have some adults in here right? Please don't tell me that my 20 year old ass is the oldest Sonic fan here, because I don't believe that for a sec, lol.

I don't think speaking my mind is something worth getting banned over, but if I'm gonna get banned for it then what ever, sorry if you can't handle a little criticism. I'm used to being a bit of a critic, I'm in the entertainment industry, being in the industry has opened my eyes to a lot of things and that's why I'm like that, so I hope nobody on here is ignorant enough to ban me because they don't like the way I am nor agree with anything I'm saying.

Anyways though, I had my question answered. The topic should have ended there...

...And again, I thank JEV3 for bein real cool about it and helping me in the most mature manner. You all should learn from him, he made this thread very comfortable to post in, I just wish everyone else would have made it like that, I mean it was my 1st post in this forum, a nice welcome would have been cool too...

on Edge said:
Everything here was explained in the rules. Read them.
Yes, yes I know, I read em, I guess I over looked number six <_< sorry about that, I agree that was my bad on my part, but people don't have to be so rude about it. I mean, remember rule number four...

SSNTails himself said:
4. Keep any arguments you have with other members outside of the board. Likewise, flaming, or mindless insulting of another user, is strictly prohibited. Trolling, or posting to intentionally disrupt forum activity and/or to generate an angry response, is strictly prohibited in all forms.

I mean, no offense to the admin, but that was his own rule that he kind of bended a little bit. But if anything, I'm on everyones side too because of the simple fact that I over looked rule number six. So I'm not mad that I was told off about not reading that rule, that's fine and dandy, I understand that completely being a forum admin myself, I just think that the situation could have been handled a little more properly, that's all, I mean, am I really wrong for feeling that way?

SonicTheDalek said:
Nobody was even flaming or insulting you. They're trying to help.
You're right, they were, I agree, I'm just saying that it was pretty rude for SSNTails to say that I shouldn't be helped because my topic name is stupid, that's all, I guess I took it as an insult. I'm okay with everything else basically.

Julian said:
didn't think the name of the subject mattered

When you go to make a post, look directly to the left of where you type the text:

The text to the left said:
Please be sure your subject line is relevant. "NEED HELP", "HELP" and "HELP PLZ" are NOT acceptable. "Help with configuring controls" is more appropriate.

So it's not like we didn't spell it out for you.

SSNTails said:
Julian said:
didn't think the name of the subject mattered

When you go to make a post, look directly to the left of where you type the text:

The text to the left said:
Please be sure your subject line is relevant. "NEED HELP", "HELP" and "HELP PLZ" are NOT acceptable. "Help with configuring controls" is more appropriate.

So it's not like we didn't spell it out for you.
okie dokies, thanks ;) I changed the topic name to "How do you use wads?" Is that cool??

Right, rule please:

If someone asks a question that's answered in the Wiki, link to the wiki and don't answer the damn thing directly! :<

PLEASE

cueball61 said:
Right, rule please:

If someone asks a question that's answered in the Wiki, link to the wiki and don't answer the damn thing directly! :<

PLEASE
Why not? Look at the difference in tension and energy between the two answers I got for my question. Both JEV3 and BlueZero4 answered my questions and both offered links. But JEV3 had a more positive and friendly approach about it because he didn't only tell me the answer, he told me a lot more details that would help me more so that I wouldn't have to ask about those things later on, and he approached me in a friendly manner making me feel more comfortable in the new environment that I'm in versus making me feel unwelcome like come of the other members did.

He was very helpful and very friendly about it, that way there was no tension, no bad energy. Positive+Positive=Positive. It's just like if you call a customer service hot line and you ask for some help, they're gonna be very helpful and friendly rather than having an attitude and just simplifying the answer to a mere 2 words because they want the customer to feel comfortable and they want to offer customer satisfaction so that the customer continues to participate in the business's activity(s)

Running a forum is not so different. A forum is made for a group of people to comfortably come together as a community and discuss various things, negativity and ignorance shouldn't really be part of it, it's meaningless, innappropriate, rude and should not be tolerated.

If someone answers a question sarcastically or in only 2 words and has an attitude about it, it becomes an insult to the person who asked because then they feel like the person who answered thinks that the person who asked is stupid just because they don't know something that they've never learned before and expect the asker to automatically know what they think is common sense but to the asker isn't common sense to them and that's ignorant.

That energy is going to make the person who asked the question feel very uncomfortable and then they won't be able (or they won't be comfortable) asking anymore questions or for any more help because they'll feel like there are too many sarcastic a-holes that won't take them seriously, it creates a negative energy and bad tension and that will make people leave the forum because they feel they are un-welcome.

I hope I'm making sense, not trying to start something or anything like that, those are just words of wisdom, everybody here (the more mature ones especially) should be smart enough to understand it, I mean, we are a very bright bunch, right? Anyways though, sorry for causing such commotion, I assure you it won't happen again, I just wanted to reach a mutual understanding with everyone so that no one has their panties up in a bunch, ya feel me? Thanks for listening (Reading)

1. It's the internet. This is an internet forum, not a customer service hotline. Have you ever heard the quote, "If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen"? Not everyone has to be "SUPER HAPPY FUN NICE PERSON", as many of the people here are stern and strict.

2. This is basically an inconvenience to all of the forum-goers. Why? Well, you said we were all bright, right? Let's think. Don't you think it would be in the FAQ? You should always check sources of information like that before you ask a question, because you always turn out looking like an idiot. I mean, it was RIGHT THERE, and you managed to find "Suggestions and Help" easily, but you couldn't click on the FAQ?

3. Helpful links on the left of the posting area is there to help you out before asking blatantly obvious questions. It also says next to the subject, not to name the topic something very generic (which you ended up doing before you changed the title). Oh, and guess what? The FAQ is in that list of links. You couldn't even click that, either?

4. It doesn't matter how friendly someone is when giving an answer to a question. The fact is; you're just going to have to accept it. You asked for an answer, you got it. No one has to put it on a silver platter for you.

Segmint said:
1. It's the internet. This is an internet forum, not a customer service hotline. Have you ever heard the quote, "If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen"? Not everyone has to be "SUPER HAPPY FUN NICE PERSON", as many of the people here are stern and strict.

1st of all, I wasn't saying it was a customer service hot line, I was making an example, I could have used anything else rather than a customer service hot line and it still would have made sense if you're not oblivious to reading into it, but that just so happened to come to mind at the time and it was just as easy to compare than using any other example, it makes perfect sense if you really think about what I was saying. But of course a mod or admin would understand more than a regular member would I guess being that they run the show.

Secondly, I agree, in forums you have cool, mature, friendly peeps that make the forum a great place to be a part of and then you have the stern, strict, stuck-up people that think they're better than you and suck the fun out of it. I'm not condoning in change of a person's personality, you are who you are, but I'm just letting people know that I'm not like that and I don't like people being like that to me, I don't tolerate being disrespected and being talked to like I'm stupid, I didn't come here for that.

I'm a king in my community and I respect all and expect to be respected in return, I'm one of those people where if I don't like the heat in the kitchen, I tell the heat that I don't like it and I'm gonna try and extinguish the fire, that's just the way I am.

I don't allow my toes to get stepped on and I don't allow my pride to be walked all over, I am not beneath anyone, I'm just like everyone else and deserve the same respect whether or not I'm a newbie to any community.

I always have good intentions, if I ask a (stupid) question with an obvious answer, there has to be a logical explanation/reason for doing so. I wasn't like, "Hey, let me annoy these people and ask a complete noobish question to see who I annoy the most". That would be a waist of my time and you all would be waisting your time replying to me.

Segmint said:
2. This is basically an inconvenience to all of the forum-goers. Why? Well, you said we were all bright, right? Let's think. Don't you think it would be in the FAQ? You should always check sources of information like that before you ask a question, because you always turn out looking like an idiot. I mean, it was RIGHT THERE, and you managed to find "Suggestions and Help" easily, but you couldn't click on the FAQ?
Yes, I know it probably would have been in the FAQ, but I was in a hurry and Suggestions and Help was the first thing I saw (being that this is the 1st time I've ever been here). I didn't expect to be here that long when I joined, I just wanted that one question answered and it wasn't until I read some other posts later on including some intriguing things that I decided to stick around a bit longer. So what? I over looked the FAQ section, my bad, sue me, lol. If I wasn't such a busy person and in such a hurry and took time to see it there in the 1st place, this topic wouldn't even exist.

Segmint said:
3. Helpful links on the left of the posting area is there to help you out before asking blatantly obvious questions. It also says next to the subject, not to name the topic something very generic (which you ended up doing before you changed the title). Oh, and guess what? The FAQ is in that list of links. You couldn't even click that, either?
I didn't notice the text on the left either, I guess I'm so used to just typing a response or posting a topic rather than reading the entire posting page from left to right before I post. Plus, on my forum, I'm used to that same left panel being full of random advertisements and links to other places related to my domain name, so it becomes invisible to me.

Segmint said:
4. It doesn't matter how friendly someone is when giving an answer to a question. The fact is; you're just going to have to accept it. You asked for an answer, you got it. No one has to put it on a silver platter for you.
You're right, no one has to, but no one has to be an ass hole about it either now do they? Like I said, I don't consider anyone on this forum any better than me, I don't consider anyone for that matter to be better than me for me to be talked down to like I am some kind of small insect.

I am a very respectful person, if you don't like me, don't bother conversing with me, if you think my posts are stupid, don't waist your own time in posting them, it's just like you said "If you don't like the heat, stay out of the kitchen" Right? JEV3 obviously didn't think my topic was stupid, he knew I was just a little misguided and lost like an alien brand new to a foreign country, so he helped me find my way so that I wouldn't have to post anymore noobish things and I'm thankful for that. Anyways though, like you said, I got my answers, that's all that matters, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back