How do you replace the Super Sonic Sprites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be more specific, I used XWE to open the srb2.srb file in my Sonic Robo Blast 2 folder, looked for super sonic sprites, saved them to a seprate folder, opened up my wad, made a new entry with a type of 58, named it SS_START then I loaded the sprites into my wad, made another entry with a type of 58, named that one SS_END, then I replaced the sprites with sprites of my own, saved the wad, started up Srb2Net Launcher, added the wad file, then I added Botanic Serenity(low-end) I only saw the that the transformation sprites worked, but the super sonic sprites didn't change. :?

Basically, use Entry > New to create a new marker, as that's the best way to do that. Use S_START and S_END for the names, and put all the sprites between them.

What kind of a question is that?! I'm just asking how to replace some sprites, Draykon you're not helping at all.

It's entirely possible using the same method. Make a wad with S_START and S_END tags and place the new sprites, correctly named, in between them.

Or, you could make an entirely new Character Wad, which requires no S tags.

Yep, use the first method I mentioned.

Set your wad out like this

S_START
Sonic's sprites
Tails' sprites
Knuckles' sprites
S_END

This is kinda off-topic but, is there a way to edit the character's SS_SKIN so my characters don't thok or use an ability I don't want them to use and thanks for answering all my questions

I know how to make a new character already, it's just that I'm making a mod and I don't want sonic, tails or knukles to be in there, is that possible?

I'll Begin said:
It's entirely possible using the same method. Make a wad with S_START and S_END tags and place the new sprites, correctly named, in between them.

Or, you could make an entirely new Character Wad, which requires no S tags.

Erm, yeah, that only works to replace Sonic's sprites.

When you transform into super sonic in botanic serenity and fly around, are those super sonic sprites from the sonic.plr file?
(If this is answered my main question will be answered)

I am guessing that something in that level (most likely the supersonic sprite bouncing up and down at the starting line) forces the sprite skin to be automatically replaced by the supersonic skin, so you could try editing that skin and the skins of the level ultimately changing the supersonic sprite skin into whatsoever you please. I suggest you edit the level and the sprites.

As the player is flying around, they're invisible, and repeatidly spawning the Ideya Drone thing (Which vanishes after 1 tic) in whatever state.
... Or, maybe they change the state of the Ideya Drone thing.

Whichever it is, you'll find the sprites in SRB2.SRB.
Or, if you happen to have it on your harddrive, you could look into the SuperMysticSonic character WAD, as it replaces the Ideya Drone with some poorly drawn black hedgehog.

Actually, you will not find the NiGHTS Super Sonic sprites in srb2.srb. You will find them in drill.dta. Copy drill.dta, and then erase the .dta part, and add a .wad. Then open it in XWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back