How do you organize your mods?

I organize by "are you a character mod or not".

I also keep a separate folder for srb2 beta content, my works, and SRB2 the Past itself

Last edited:
2 gigs, and I play on mobile, my Linux laptop doesn't have great open gl support.

I try to back up a copy on drive, just in case my "experiments" get out of hand.
My folder is 4 GB but it also has 1.09.4, 2.0 and 2.1 stuff in it.

Good point. Also my sister had a "My Hero Academia" game that was 5GB.
I know this is about mobile games but I'm thinking of getting the PC versions of FFXV and VII Remake soon and man. 100 GBs. I dread Star Ocean 6 PC's filesize when it comes out later this year, maybe.

As for large mobile games, Tokyo Afterschool Summoners (good kids don't look that up) wasn't too big, and I didn't really play Live A Hero, but Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe, FF Record Keeper and Arc the Lad R tended to take up a lot of my phones' space with updates.

Right now I just have Arc the Lad R's pretty lackluster overseas version and Re;univerSe (and a Bejeweled game), which I haven't touched in a while. Not very into gacha, y'see, I'm partially immune to getting addicted to gambling.

I organize by "are you a character mod or not".

I also keep a separate folder for srb2 beta content, my works, and SRB2 the Past itself
I'm trying to make a Mario World hack with custom Assembly code and music and I also keep it separate in its own private GitHub repo and folder. I also have a repo for a collab I'm running on raocow's Talkhaus with friends, with its own folder, and I've recently separated my two on-progress stages from it while I work on them on occasion. I'm bad at level design ^^;

I'll likely keep a separate folder if I ever get around to making some basic stages (i wanna make a house stage >:3 crue's house 2 yooooo), characters and Lua, need to stalk the wiki or forums for a good level design tutorial page to later twist and pull into my own style. Also get cracking on learning Lua for SRB2 and SMBX2.

Assembly is honestly the funnest part of SMW hack making for me, so it's only natural I'd learn Lua for Super Mario Bros. X at the least. I'm gonna also make some sprite rip reference folders and try to practice making my own sprites for one, could also help with SRB2.

In order it's roughly:
1. Coding
2. Music porting (from midis only rn, shy wrt singing so it might be hard to port by ear while using sung notes to guide me)
3. Graphic ripping
4. Level making
9999. Custom graphic making

what am i even talking about??

Organization? What's that? I legit have more stuff downloaded from servers than stuff I downloaded myself off the MB and my DOWNLOAD folder sure is over 3GB at this point:dramahog: although when it comes to my mod development I usually keep stuff better organized under a folder inside of my srb2 install, the folder is just called "Projects"
unknown-214.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back