How do you host a server on android?

As far as i'm aware, at least for the moment, hosting servers from Phone is physically impossible, unless you create a virtual network sort of thing, on which, while you might not be hosting from your own IP, you still have full or partial control on the server.

Much like all of these Minecraft Server Hosting webs. Basically.

As far as i'm aware, at least for the moment, hosting servers from Phone is physically impossible, unless you create a virtual network sort of thing, on which, while you might not be hosting from your own IP, you still have full or partial control on the server.

Much like all of these Minecraft Server Hosting webs. Basically.
Oh ok 😑

As far as i'm aware, at least for the moment, hosting servers from Phone is physically impossible
False.

First, find your default gateway address. This can be found in the Advanced tab under your Wi-Fi connection in Settings. Once you have it, input it into your browser like it were a website. You should be brought to a page for your router. Log in, and then create a new portforwarding rule for UDP 5029 to your device’s local IPv4.

First, find your default gateway address. This can be found in the Advanced tab under your Wi-Fi connection in Settings. Once you have it, input it into your browser like it were a website. You should be brought to a page for your router. Log in, and then create a new portforwarding rule for UDP 5029 to your device’s local IPv4.
You forgot one thing: the server will have a diffrent perfomance based on your device. In experience i gathered, here my results, based on my phone devices (these were made in servers that were private):
KTC (2010s)LG K8 (2017)Redmi Note 9 Pro (2020, i think)
- Ran very slow, had a couple of crashes and resynches- Ran unexpectedly fine, but had many resynches in Match- Ran very smooth, with occasional lags in Co-Op
- The game instantly crashed after starting GFZ2, but somehow ran just fine in GFZ1- The game crashed around CEZ3, which somehow wasn't like that before- The game never crashed, which is expectef since this is a powerful phone

You forgot one thing: the server will have a diffrent perfomance based on your device. In experience i gathered, here my results, based on my phone devices (these were made in servers that were private):
KTC (2010s)LG K8 (2017)Redmi Note 9 Pro (2020, i think)
- Ran very slow, had a couple of crashes and resynches- Ran unexpectedly fine, but had many resynches in Match- Ran very smooth, with occasional lags in Co-Op
- The game instantly crashed after starting GFZ2, but somehow ran just fine in GFZ1- The game crashed around CEZ3, which somehow wasn't like that before- The game never crashed, which is expectef since this is a powerful phone
I didn't forget, performance will vary even within the same model based on your internet connection, the mods you use, and other smaller factors about your device.

Since when??? that has never been a thing in the android ports, and i myself im living proof of that as i once tried but i couldnt. And i know how to portfoward, im not that dumb.

Unless the phone uses a different IP from what the PC uses, you were not able to.

Since when??? that has never been a thing in the android ports, and i myself im living proof of that as i once tried but i couldnt. And i know how to portfoward, im not that dumb.

Unless the phone uses a different IP from what the PC uses, you were not able to.
Just because you personally couldn't get it to work doesn't mean it's impossible. Several people have hosted servers on Android. A user in this thread even posted results from server testing they did on multiple phone models.

A phone will share the same public IP as any computer that is on the same network, as the public IP corresponds to the network's router and not individual devices. However, all devices will have a unique local IP, which is what is needed to portforward.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back