How do I make buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this its against the rules to make hangout levels, but im doing this for my own pleasure and making my first level wad, and its based on Mushroom kingdom *Shot* XD; well, ive been trying to make uh peaches castle and like i never can get the thing to end at the height. It goes to the ceiling, or only makes a wall, and uh... *screenies it*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/orangesoda1/WTFnuuu.jpg small

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/orangesoda1/HUGEWTF.jpg NUUUUU huge assed.

lol honestly, truth to god, i dont even know how to add SOCS to games. The only real thing i know is how to add sectors, add items, springs, etc, and change textures. I tried the tutorials on the main site but it doesnt even help me.

so, no, i have no idea what FOFS are XD

Floor over Floor
I said:
Not sure if I'm late, and this has already been remedied, but FOF's are made using sector tags. It's a variable on the sector and linedef properties.

1)Make a sector where the FOF will appear above. Set the sector tag to 1. You might think of it as a shadow.
2)Make a sector outside the map. (For future reference, it's called a control sector.) Set the ceiling height to the top of your block. The same applies with the floor of the control sector and the underside of the block. You can set the sector lighting in the control sector, and that will be the darkness of the shadow cast.
3)Open up one of your linedef's properties that makes up your control sector. Set the linedef action to 3D - Solid, Opaque, Shadowcasting (CTL sector light level used below) under 3D. Afterwards, you should see Linedef action set to 25. Now tag the linedef 1.
4)The rest of your map should be built so you can at least see your FOF. Test it out and look for any bugs.

The tutorial on srb2.org said:
Now, go to Testing, and click the browse button. Direct DoomBuilder to srb2win.exe, and in the box below that, the one you can actually type in, type in the following:
-file "%F" -warp "%M"

If you want to use anything else, here are some other helpful parameters:

-nosound
-nomusic
-nodigmusic
These turn off sounds and music.

-win
Windowed mode

+skin (whatever)
-color (Whatever)
If you like playing as a certain character or color.

-opengl
If you normally play in Open GL mode, use this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back