How Do I make a map view the map's programed sky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be awesome if I knew what you mean, but I don't.

I'm guessing you're talking about how you want a level to have a certain sky?

Make a map header (explained in the wiki), and add the function, SKYNUM = xx, and that's it. If it's a custom sky, just insert the image in your map, and name the lump SKYxx (xx being the number you want to use). It should work; the wiki explains it better than I.

http://www.srb2wiki.sepwich.com/wiki/Map_Header

You cant make the level have a certain sky unless you use XWE to edit it.
Example: If you want your first level to have a mountain sky, type SKYNUM = 29 in xwe.

I always edit a MAINCFG before I edit my levels so I already have my sky prepared.

GemEarthBrandon said:
You cant make the level have a certain sky unless you use XWE to edit it.
Example: If you want your first level to have a mountain sky, type SKYNUM = 29 in xwe.

I always edit a MAINCFG before I edit my levels so I already have my sky prepared.
Umm, no. Read this. Now.

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
No not that I've seen the Level Header thingy before I need to know how to see the sky in a map not program the Sky in the Maincfg
That is the way you see the sky in a map.

Well I looked through it and it wasn't sated clear enough for me to get what to do Besides set the sky all I want to know is what texture is used for the sky, or better said in "The Sky won't show up how do i make it show up." or "What texture changes the ceiling to the sky."

That could be useful I kept on gettng the wrong link.... Nope still the wrong link.... I need to know how to have the sky replace the ceiling texture....

Look, to get the sky you want, you have to soc it. The ceiling has to be F_SKY1 if you want the sky to show up for it. However, that does not let you skip soccing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back