how do i get 3D models in SRB2?

srb2 asker

i have jeck jim's 3D models pack, i really love 3D models on SRB2, and how do i activate them?
this is why i made this thread

Last edited:
turn opengl on then go to opengl settings then turn models on its easy
no
i already did that, nothing happened. and WORSE! opengl mode breaks the screen of the game while turned on.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

yes it IS easy indeed
it is not EASY

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

it works on my tablet only. NO 3D MODELS GOT WITH IT

ok opengl making the game close it's self is your computer is a little weak no offense
it dosent close. the screen just starts to keep... like blink until i turn opengl off.

GIVE ANOTHER METHOD!

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

ok opengl making the game close it's self is your computer is a little weak no offense
i have windows 7.

There's only one method.

Try going to Video Options -> Set Resolution and choose some other resolution, then change to OpenGL mode.

There are only two renderers: Software and OpenGL.
Only OpenGL allows the usage of models.

If OpenGL starts bugging out for you, first try doing what Unknownlight suggested - assuming you're playing on a desktop computer, of course. Perhaps your game runs better if the resolution is smaller, perhaps windowed?

If OpenGL still acts up, then your computer is most likely unable to handle OpenGL very well, leaving you unable to use models in SRB2.
If you're using something like a laptop, that's probably the cause - Some laptops aren't particularly known of being powerful and often bundle an old version of OpenGL with their integrated graphics.
Also keep in mind that computer power isn't decided only by what operative system you have (doesn't matter if W7 or W10 for example), but also hardware, like graphics card and the such.

Also, consider not using the font size feature. Being annoying with it is not what it is for.

Last edited:

If OpenGL starts bugging out for you, first try doing what Unknownlight suggested - assuming you're playing on a desktop computer, of course. Perhaps your game runs better if the resolution is smaller, perhaps windowed?

If OpenGL still acts up, then your computer is most likely unable to handle OpenGL very well, leaving you unable to use models in SRB2.
If you're using something like a laptop, that's probably the cause - Some laptops aren't particularly known of being powerful and often bundle an old version of OpenGL with their integrated graphics.
Also keep in mind that computer power isn't decided only by what operative system you have (doesn't matter if W7 or W10 for example), but also hardware, like graphics card and the such.

Also, consider not using the font size feature. Being annoying with it is not what it is for.
I have windows 7 and not a laptop.a computer.
Screen keeps bugging in opengl. 😥

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

I
tried that on srb2 android too. It didn't bug but my computer bugs with it.

OPENGL METHOD DOES NOT WORK FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not trying to mini-moderate, but calm down with the big text lmao.

Anyway uhh... i have a tutorial on how to use 3D models somewhere...

How to use 3D models in SRB2:
1. Download the models you want to use. You can find them on the SRB2 Message Board.
2. Place the models in the models folder in your SRB2 folder. If you don't have a models folder, use the one that should have come with the models you downloaded. If you need to create one, be sure it is spelt "models" with no capitalization.
3. Place the models.dat file that came with the models into your SRB2 folder (and not inside the models folder).
4. Run SRB2.
5. Go to Video Settings, and switch the renderer to OpenGL.
6. Go to OpenGL Settings, and enable 3D models
7. Play with them, and it should work.

Note:
If your game closes instantly when you play with OpenGL, the reason is because your computer doesn't support OpenGL, therefore, you can't play with models, and you can only play in software, unless you update your graphic card or something.

Last edited:
I have windows 7 and not a laptop.a computer.
Screen keeps bugging in opengl. ��

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

I
tried that on srb2 android too. It didn't bug but my computer bugs with it.

OPENGL METHOD DOES NOT WORK FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe where your problem starts is using windows 7. Pretty sure just 2.1 and earlier was meant to be used on windows 7 and lower.
i use a crappy off brand tablet for srb2 and opengl works fine, even on 620x620 res or something.

not trying to mini-moderate, but calm down with the big text lmao.

Anyway uhh... I have a tutorial on how to use 3d models somewhere...

How to use 3d models in srb2:
1. download the models you want to use. You can find them on the srb2 message board.
2. place the models in the models folder in your srb2 folder. If you don't have a models folder, use the one that should have come with the models you downloaded. If you need to create one, be sure it is spelt "models" with no capitalization.
3. place the models.dat file that came with the models into your srb2 folder (and not inside the models folder).
4. run srb2.
5. go to video settings, and switch the renderer to opengl.
6. go to opengl settings, and enable 3d models
7. play with them, and it should work.

note:
if your game closes instantly when you play with opengl, the reason is because your computer doesn't support opengl, therefore, you can't play with models, and you can only play in software, unless you update your graphic card or something.
yay it worked

Okay?
it's good that it worked, but seriously lmao, stop with the big text, you will get a warning if you dont stop.
but 1 more problem.

the screen keeps blinking at me

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

but 1 more problem.

how do i fix that???

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

uh...

can you guys send link to srb2 v2.1 download?

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Code:
*says OOF*

but 1 more problem.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

how do i fix that???

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

uh...

can you guys send link to srb2 v2.1 download?

You have a really weird way of typing, it makes it hard for me to understand.
It might as well be your computer, because it shouldn't blink if your computer supported it.

Can you update your OS to Windows 10? If not I don't know anything else I can do to help you.

You have a really weird way of typing, it makes it hard for me to understand.
It might as well be your computer, because it shouldn't blink if your computer supported it.
i dont know
my computer is windows 7
CAN YOU JUST SEND THE LINK TO SRB2 V2.1?

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Can you update your OS to Windows 10? If not I don't know anything else I can do to help you.
ok i will tell you my truble.
i haven't buyed windows ten.
help me with windows seven.
or just send the link to srb2 v2.1 download.

Last edited:
Get the 7 soup emeralds as shown here, get 50 rings and press shift. Bam, 3d models.

soupemeralds.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back