How do I access debug mode in SSBM

Status
Not open for further replies.
You neglected to mention the version of SSBM this is, SMS.
There are three versions of SSBM, 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2.
1.0 is the origional, with the "daisies eye" bug, 1.1 is Players Choice, and 1.2....must be the one after players choice. *shrugs*

In order to find out what version of SSBM you have, take out your SSBM disc, and put it under a light. Look at the inner rim, and scan for some small text. It should read "DOL-XXX" or something to that extent. The numbers indicate your version number.

Spazzo said:
You neglected to mention the version of SSBM this is, SMS.
There are three versions of SSBM, 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2.
1.0 is the origional, with the "daisies eye" bug, 1.1 is Players Choice, and 1.2....must be the one after players choice. *shrugs*

In order to find out what version of SSBM you have, take out your SSBM disc, and put it under a light. Look at the inner rim, and scan for some small text. It should read "DOL-XXX" or something to that extent. The numbers indicate your version number.
1.2 is also Player's Choice. Player's Choice actually means "just 1 bugfix", *cough metroid prime plasma beam early cough*

I would also recommend entering in the "Mario Status modifier" and Adventure Stage bug fix code, just to ensure that the game doesn't crash often when on the Debug Menu. NPCs such as Master Hand that don't have result screen support - and whenever Link, Yoshi or Ice Climbers appear in the adventure stages - will cause the game to otherwise crash; adding those codes fixes that.

Bloodylightning said:
Yea it will help me too!

It will give you debug mode. But bewarned, Some cheats could completely erase your SSBM data! You have been warned with the most true fact in Action Replay history. Not to be mean or anything but I was thinking of getting AR until I found that out, then I said never mind. So please use AR with the highest care!

Actually, as far as I can tell, as long as you don't wander in the "staff" section of the menu, you don't have a chance of losing your data unless some rare freak accident occurs. Hell, I've been using debug mode for so long (about 70 times in total, since I don't think "months" is an appropriate measurement), yet I've never had any data lossage whatsoever. Sure, it crashes every once in a while, but it really doesn't lead to anything negative at all.

As long as you're in debug just to make Smash matches and the such, you can mess with debug all you like. But keep in mind, don't go into the Staff debug. It has funky effects that you wouldn't even care to use anyway, let alone anything positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back