how did you make Sonic Robo Blast 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to find a way to make a Sonic Adventure game and after playing this, it made me want to use whatever the makers used so i can get the 3D environment.

Sonic robo blast is edited from a program called Doom, it doesnt support many things like other sonic games can (ex: loops and other stuff)

Edit: you can learn C/C++ and learn how to program a game like this

You don't "get" C. You learn it, it's a programming language. You'll need a C compiler though, I myself use DevC++, I forget what SSN uses. You'll have to learn it from somewhere, I learned from a very usefull book I bought. Visual Quickstart Guide to C Programming.

This reminds me of a little analogy I use to contrast studying Graphic Design as opposed to Computer Graphics.

Graphic Design is where you learn to use Photoshop.
Computer Graphics is where you learn how to MAKE Photoshop.

XD

Anyways, most GOOD video games are NOT made with game makers such AS GameMaker5/6 or TGF/MMF/CNC/2, or even DarkBASIC. They are programmed in the professional, multi-platform programming language C, or ocaisionally C++. The way you act as if you don't even know what a programming language is gives me the idea that you aren't capable of making any Sonic game... YET.

In the first time, Doom was a worse-3D game, playable into a DOS command prompt. If SRB2 is based on Doom, it may be a worse-3D game. Nope?

If you search, you see that a wad is a collection of pictures, and a level wad is also that. But it has more than it: it has some config files, which make 3D environement.

#DEFINE "WORSE_3D"

Also, a WAD is NOT a collection of pictures: It's a collection of pictures, binary space partition trees, text files and markers. For levels, the header contains nothing and it's make-up is determined by, in order, the THINGS lump (Location of all the things on the map), the LINEDEFS lump (Location of all the lines on the map), the SIDEDEFS lump (The side data for each linedef, including textures and sector numbers), SEGS (Splits lines up and puts them into subsectors), SSECTORS (Subsector data, used in building the BSP tree), NODES (The BSP tree itself), SECTORS (The main sector data of the WAD, including floor and ceiling data), REJECT (This lump is used to speed up line of sight calculations) and BLOCKMAP (Uses in collision detection in maps)

If you have ever seen a map with missing sidedef textures in Software mode, you'll notice that the sector's flat above or below it will repeat beyond the sidedef. This is to show how SRB2/DooM doesn't make REAL 3D in software, it just streches, skews, and repeats graphics in an order to look realistic. It's no wonder why Software can get progressivly slower as you make levels with more sectors and sidedefs.

furyhunter600 said:
If you have ever seen a map with missing sidedef textures in Software mode, you'll notice that the sector's flat above or below it will repeat beyond the sidedef. This is to show how SRB2/DooM doesn't make REAL 3D in software, it just streches, skews, and repeats graphics in an order to look realistic. It's no wonder why Software can get progressivly slower as you make levels with more sectors and sidedefs.

Uhh, real 3D packages, like Direct3D and OpenGL also stretch, skew, and repeat graphics over polygons. This is known as texture mapping.

Doom does not clip the floor/ceiling polygons and rightly so - doing so takes more time and has no point or advantage for the game. Doom only clips the wall textures, because that is all that is needed. Clipping takes a lot more time than just drawing a little bit extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back