How did you figure out how to host SRB2?

Giberish4

Rip 2.1 Match/CTF
This is a question that I've wanted to ask for a long time. I wonder how people who can host figured it out in the first place, as it seems confusing until you figure it out. As a hoster myself, I'll say mine. So basically, I tried to host a server with mods that were to my preference, only for it not to be on the MS. I looked up what was wrong, only to see I needed to port forward. Things were going well until I got to my Internet's website via private ip. It asked me for the router password (Not Wi-Fi password, there's a huge difference), and I didn't know what it meant, so I gave up. It wasn't until like 6 months later where I was screwing around with my router and found the password for it. I don't even remember how I found my way to the port forward setting, but I did somehow. So then I port forwarded successfully, and now I host occasionally (Not as much as I used to because school ack)

This is actually a great question! Mines start when I wanted to host a dedicated server called Amy challenge (What was meant to be a 24/7 server using all game types plus battle as Amy only.) I have wanted to do this around my second to third month of playing, but I attempted to do it around school time like I think February? One problem though, I thought it was impossible to port forward as you do in windows so I did it in my desktop… didn’t work… mostly because the idiot I am I hosted with my Mac even though I ported my desktop. Even hosting on the desktop it didn’t work so I get gave in. It was only a few weeks later that a friend named Trytan told me how to do it easier in Mac. Though I gave up Amy challenge I still host… kinda. My server name is A’Dillaz Gamez and mainly host 2.1 if I have the time.

I used prior knowledge with hosting servers and applied it to SRB2.

As it turns out, SRB2 server hosting is literally like hosting a server for any other game. :welcometoreleases:

ITS BEEN EIGHT YEARS AND IVE STILL HAVENT A DAMN SCOOBY ON HOW TO HOST ONE

I looked at a tutorial like Trop, and I have two words :
Thanks, Minecraft

In SRB2's case, on 2017 i searched for a tutorial and found that the user ThatSRB2Dude uploaded one
i was finally being able to host instead of shooting rings to random objects assuming they were players lol
however my internet company seems to be blocking the ports so even after 4 years port forwarding in general for me is still unconsistent or won't work at all

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back