¿How can i make my server public? help :(

Xtales

i been wonderin how to make my server for public, i know how to make it ip adress for friends but i want people to play it :dramahog:

i been wonderin how to make my server for public, i know how to make it ip adress for friends but i want people to play it :dramahog:
Your server will be public so long as you:

A. Portforward
B. Select a room other than "Unlisted" to host in when setting up the server in-game.

If you have done both and it still isn't working, then there is another problem.

look it up
With all due respect, please don't bother responding to an innocent question if you're not going to be helpful.
what is portforward
Portforwarding is the process of telling your router to forward incoming traffic through a specific port. In SRB2's case, UDP port 5029. If you don't do this, your router will reject incoming traffic out of security concerns, and your server will not work. Yes, you MUST portforward for anyone to be able to join your server.

Here are two guides on two different methods of portforwarding:
https://mb.srb2.org/addons/port-forwarding-via-windows-explorer.2455/

And here is a website that checks if your server is working:
https://www.jameds.org/SRB2/port/

1. open up your command prompt
2. type ipconfig
3. see your ipv4 save that window for later
4. go to ip4.me
5. copy your static ipv4
6. paste that ipv4 to your search bar
7. login to your router the username should be admin and password should be password or admin as well
8. either go to your NAT/PAT in settings or portforwarding section in settings
9. go to your command prompt and copy the ipv4 address from that
10. now your ready for one the easiest steps
11. type this (name:srb2 ip: insert ip here port: 5059 port: 5059 protocal:UDP
12. go to your firewall and make sure srb2 is set to private and public network
13. go to your control panel and turn on a setting i forgor which setting but i think you can find that but looking a tutorial on youtube
14. make your server check if your port is working and HAVE FUN:)

1. open up your command prompt
2. type ipconfig
3. see your ipv4 save that window for later
4. go to ip4.me
5. copy your static ipv4
6. paste that ipv4 to your search bar
7. login to your router the username should be admin and password should be password or admin as well
8. either go to your NAT/PAT in settings or portforwarding section in settings
9. go to your command prompt and copy the ipv4 address from that
10. now your ready for one the easiest steps
11. type this (name:srb2 ip: insert ip here port: 5059 port: 5059 protocal:UDP
12. go to your firewall and make sure srb2 is set to private and public network
13. go to your control panel and turn on a setting i forgor which setting but i think you can find that but looking a tutorial on youtube
14. make your server check if your port is working and HAVE FUN:)
This isn’t correct.

This isn’t correct.
it worked for me but i guess your right
Post automatically merged:

With all due respect, please don't bother responding to an innocent question if you're not going to be helpful.

Portforwarding is the process of telling your router to forward incoming traffic through a specific port. In SRB2's case, UDP port 5029. If you don't do this, your router will reject incoming traffic out of security concerns, and your server will not work. Yes, you MUST portforward for anyone to be able to join your server.

Here are two guides on two different methods of portforwarding:
https://mb.srb2.org/addons/port-forwarding-via-windows-explorer.2455/

And here is a website that checks if your server is working:
https://www.jameds.org/SRB2/port/
also just i recommand looking up portforwarding in general

Last edited:
Hey there,

In the case you don't use Windows, however. I would definitely follow Dylan's instructions. He's very knowledgeable about...mostly anything, really.

Hey there,

In the case you don't use Windows, however. I would definitely follow Dylan's instructions. He's very knowledgeable about...mostly anything, really.
also this video

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back