How 'bout this beautiful weather, East Coast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walan

Muncher of Numbers
Well, the stream in my front yard has flooded into the yard, most of my driveway has water rushing over it, and the water is carrying away stray pieces of firewood. Oh yeah, and my basement is filling up with water. On top of that, downtown Punxsutawney is flooded, and we're hoping the dam in town will hold until the rain stops.

Wonderful. Just freaking wonderful.

Well, that's worse than here. We just had a rather nasty tornado outbreak destroying a few subdivisions and making us take cover. I just got out of the basement after the warnings.

The best part is, it looks like Jeanne will probably impact too. Fun, ain't it? X_X

Rain and tornadoes here in North Carolina. At least I didn't have to do hardly any work in 3rd and 4th periods today.

Today, the tempeture in CO was down in the high 80s. I had to wear a jacket and long pants, or I would've frozen to death.

Now the rain is picking up again. As in you can't walk 50 feet out in the open without being absolutely soaked, and splashing in puddles about 9 times in that 50 feet is a given (since it's dark and you can't see where they are).

And Jeanne appears to be headed a good deal to the south, so all that might come about from that is more of this rain.

Well I don't know about you guys but all I got was a little wind and rain, not to mention a couple days of school off. Sorry for the rest of you though.

Wow, America, land of water. Oh well, I should be happy with what I've got, Australaisa, land of clay.

Massachusetts is getting rain. Lots and lots of rain. I mean, this is rain that would flood Denmark. This is a lot of rain. There is so much rain....*rambles for an hour*

California's got nothing unusual ^_^ ...cept for the fact that it's kinda cloudy this morning >.>.

I think clay is a kind of hard yet somewhat squishy dirt, if that makes any sense >.>

No, we have the type of clay that, when it rains, the ground won't absorb the water. This means that the rain just travels around on the dirt until it empties into a rare body of water, eg. someone's basement. But, since we ARE in the midst of a ten year drought, that isn't much of a problem.

Oh, he said East Coast? That means me......IT'S FREEZING COLD!!!

If he said East Coast.....what does California have to do with it? heh :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back