• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Hey does anyone have advise ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Advice". Advice is the noun. Advise is the verb. I advise you to use proper spelling. You receive advice to use proper spelling.

I know it's nitpicky, but little mistakes like that really make you look bad.

As for XWE, try reading the readme files and the tutorial. If you still can't understand, might I suggest another hobby?

I'm used to spelling words short and leaving and puncuations out. I'm trying hard not to okay? :(

And besides.I am mostly talking about making a wad.

chaos_sonic said:
I'm used to spelling words short and leaving and puncuations out. I'm trying hard not to okay? :(

... Um... what?

From what I can tell it sounds like you're saying that you're trying to be illeterate.

Well, might I suggest a spellcheck? There are places where people actually care. This is one of them. Your second "and" should be a "the", it's "punctuation", and "I'm" is capitalized and has an apostrophe. There is also the fact that is two complete sentences. There should be a period after "out", and a comma after "to".

I mean, simply reading what you're writing would find 90% of that. You might not know how to spell "punctuation", but the rest of that is pretty obvious if you simply looked at what you're typing. Don't butcher the English language so badly it'll make your English teacher cry.

I would like to see that because i hate my English teacher and you would know there are alot of people who hate their English teachers.

That's not the point. Look, your speaking so badly that I doubt that even if my translater was finished it would work, and my interpretation skills aren't the best. We don't care about your preferences towards your english teacher, we just want you to speak english!

"Advice". I already corrected you on that, there is just simply no excuse.

The reason we're going on about your spelling is that it's so bad it's hard to understand you. The English language is how you communicate to others. If your writing is horrendous, it makes you hard to understand. It has nothing to do with us being annoying, it has everything to do with making yourself easy to understand.

Now, then, on XWE, your "topic", it is impossible to give you "advise" as you so much want. We have set up tutorials with plenty of information on how to create a character. XWE surely has a help feature to shockingly, help you use the program. General advice isn't going to happen.

Now, if you have a specific question, or say, you have a WAD and you need to understand why it doesn't work, there is something we can help you with. However, we aren't going to sit here and hold your hand through the program personally. That's why we wrote a tutorial in the first place.

Well as I said before, XWE is a sensetive application, trust me, I know from experience that the slightest mis-spelling or messed up caps can totally screw up a WAD.

But why do i have to write so neatly to make a character ? and if I mis-spell a word it messes up.

To be honest with y'all, none of this makes sence. :|

Like said, XWE is case sensitive. Each image in a wad (or character wad, at least... I'm not very knowledgeable at this yet) consists of four random letters and two to four other symbols. If a wad needs PLAY2G8G, and you put PLAY2g8g or PLAY1g8G, the program will count it as a completely different image and search for the one it wants. And likely fail, of course.
It's case sensitive because there are about twenty different frames that need extra symbols. Because of this, they are listed as PLAY1a, PLAY4b6b, PLAY3a7a, etc.
Or... maybe it's not the reason, but simply supports it. I dunno, like I said, I'm not too knowledgeable at this stuff. ^_^;

Just go try using it and reading a tutorial. Or give us a more specific question. This is about as general as asking "How do you use a computer?", we simply cannot answer an overly general question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back