Help with somone on SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somone's faking me. I think this dude is gonna ruin my reputation.
When my friend told me this I almost had a heart attack, I spit out what I was eating, fell off my chair, onto the floor, and choked.
Any idea's or help will do alot here.

I seriously doubt anyone's actually faking you. "Ninja" isn't exactly the most creative name I've ever heard, not to mention you aren't that well known a user anyway.

Draykon said:
I seriously doubt anyone's actually faking you. "Ninja" isn't exactly the most creative name I've ever heard, not to mention you aren't that well known a user anyway.
Uh, yeah, his full name was "Ninja the hedgehog"
How was that not faking? >_>'

Even if someone is really "faking" you, there is not really that much you can do about it. People impersonate each other all the time. Anyone who knows you could tell you and a fake apart anyway.

Not to mention that you aren't well known, so its even less critical in your case. So, I wouldn't worry too much about being impersonated if I were you...

Ninja=Not the most original name
The Hedgehog=About 1/3 of people have a "the <animal>" name, so it also isn't very uncommon

Face it, if your going to name yourself Ninja, your going to have alot of people with the same name

This is like the time my friend thought someone was impersinating me because someone logged on with th name James

I have had many fakers, but that's not an excuse to make a topic about one. Just tell your friends someone is faking you, stop playing netgames for awhile, and wait till the faker gets banned from the Master Server for roleplaying.

I'm...Smart? *applies for admin status, then banned*

Anyways, Np, just tell the faker if you find him that hes copying your name. If he says he knows, do what I said, then go to servers you know. There is many charcters I've seen named "Miles The Hedgehog(2, me and a faker) and Miles(1-???(There's too many)).

Any friends who base your reputation on what somebody with your nick says in a SRB2 netgame have issues beyond whatever a faker could do.

Reality check: There is no name verification in SRB2 netgames. I suspect there are probably multiple "Mystic"s on the master server constantly, and I rarely play. You can't really be a "faker" in a game where there isn't any system in place of name registration anyhow.

Personally, I'd suggest you simply don't worry about your name when in SRB2 netgames. I quite frequently intentionally don't use my name when playing netgames, because it simply doesn't matter.

Mystic said:
I quite frequently intentionally don't use my name when playing netgames, because it simply doesn't matter.

Hah, I remember you doing that a ton, during 1.08, most of the time on FuriousFoxs server.

It was pretty easy to tell if Mystic was trying to play under a fake alias. All I do is press TAB, and look at the guy in first. ^_~

Ninja the Hedgehog said:
Draykon said:
Uh, yeah, his full name was "Ninja the hedgehog"
How was that not faking? >_>'
Oh, sorry. I forgot you're the only person in the world who uses the "the hedgehog" suffix. Surely anyone else using it was pretending to be you.

Heh, I don't think anyone has faked me... yet. Even if they did, any fool can tell if it's me or not by the way I speak (or type). It's my most distinguishing feature, I'd say.

Spazzo said:
Mystic said:
I quite frequently intentionally don't use my name when playing netgames, because it simply doesn't matter.

Hah, I remember you doing that a ton, during 1.08, most of the time on FuriousFoxs server.

It was pretty easy to tell if Mystic was trying to play under a fake alias. All I do is press TAB, and look at the guy in first. ^_~

Meh, I remebered when I'd die due to Hardenemies socs on V 1.08. I lated till THZ, then my crappy internet would crap out. ^_~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back