Help with OOT Debug ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, in order for it to work, you need to find an alternate video plugin for your emulator. Rice's works pretty well.

Orangelink said:
No, in order for it to work, you need to find an alternate video plugin for your emulator. Rice's works pretty well.

But the finished version of the ROM works fine for me already. Why would I need an alternate video plugin?

OK. Where do I find an alternate video plugin? These are the list of Project 64 video plugins I already have.

Adaptoid_v1_0.dll
Jabo_DInput.dll
Jabo_Direct3D6.dll
Jabo_Direct3D8.dll
Jabo_Dsound.dll
No Sound.dll
NRage_DInput8_V2.dll
RSP.dll
Zilmar_Audio.dll

Do I have all of them or not?

Does anybody know if it works in Project64 in the first place? Debug versions are likely to do stuff that emulators don't like. Maybe emulators of old consoles don't care (good Mega Drive emulators definitely won't care and even may do the right thing with weird features), but emulators of new consoles are very likely to crash or something. Sorry :(

Try everything you can.

The ZSO should be able to help you. Got a email two days ago saying they had to move.

As for what happened, the people that run Trel's servers decided that, after the last malicious attack, our account was too much of a liability. Since they didn't feel like telling us how the server was hacked, we're presuming that it was not the fault of SMF or some software exploit.

The new like
http://zso.zeldagenesis.net/

Todd Khool the Cyborg said:
OK. Where do I find an alternate video plugin? These are the list of Project 64 video plugins I already have.

Adaptoid_v1_0.dll
Jabo_DInput.dll

Jabo_Direct3D6.dll
Jabo_Direct3D8.dll

Jabo_Dsound.dll
No Sound.dll

NRage_DInput8_V2.dll
RSP.dll
Zilmar_Audio.dll

*facepalm*
Only bold is video plugins. Italics are control plugins. Underline are sound plugins. RSP.dll is an RSP plugin (forgot what that does, to be honest, but I do remember it's very important)

And you don't "have them all". It's like saying you have every wad ever made for SRB2.

Furthermore wouldn't you be better off asking this on the PJ64 forums?

I'll Begin said:
Todd Khool the Cyborg said:

Adaptoid_v1_0.dll
Jabo_DInput.dll

Jabo_Direct3D6.dll
Jabo_Direct3D8.dll

Jabo_Dsound.dll
No Sound.dll

NRage_DInput8_V2.dll
RSP.dll
Zilmar_Audio.dll

*facepalm*
Only bold is video plugins. Italics are control plugins. Underline are sound plugins. RSP.dll is an RSP plugin (forgot what that does, to be honest, but I do remember it's very important)

And you don't "have them all". It's like saying you have every wad ever made for SRB2.

Furthermore wouldn't you be better off asking this on the PJ64 forums?

Every SRB2 wad I wish! And yeah thats probably a better Idea. By the way I got the ROM to work... a little. I got to the map select but it keeps going down the list and I can't seem to stop it.

Can you please stop asking for help with ROMs? This is the third or fourth topic I've seen by you asking for help with debug or beta ROMs. They are betas for a reason. They are NOT supposed to work perfectly!

Yeah. Stupid question: does the N64 have a DRAM mode? I know the Mega Drive has such a feature. See, often DRAM cartridges were used for development. The refresh signal comes from the console. This was done using a special register and it should not be used in the release versions.

It may happen that the ROM uses such a feature, and the emulator will hang up because it's writing to a register it doesn't recognise (other emulators may just ignore it). If that's the case, then sorry, there's no way to fix it except changing the emulator or hacking the ROM :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back