Help with "music-changing" lindef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, when I am working on part of a level wad that contains lindef type 105 (the one that changes the background music), the length of the line has to be set to the music slot of your choosing. Well, if the lenght of the lindef were something like 22, Sonic would not fit through that area. But if I don't cross the lindef, the music will not change. So how do I set up a way to not directly pass over the music-changing lindef ,because it is too small, but still change the background music.

By the way, I am a beginner to level designing.

Special effects are applied to control linedefs, not to linedefs in the level themselves. Also, the 'change music' effect is a linedef executor, which adds another layer of indirection.

The pattern is something like this: the player walks into a trigger sector, which is the only bit of the effect's mechanism that's actually part of the level. This causes a linedef executor to activate, one of the effects associated with which is a 'change music' executor.

Some helpful Wiki articles:

Linedef Executor
Control Sector

If you're not familiar with control sectors, I'd suggest learning those before attempting linedef executors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back