• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Help Wanted: Don Patch character wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really, REALLY suck at making wads, so I was hoping someone could help me make one. Nothing too much, just a wad based on Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo's Don Patch (AKA the greatest anime character ever). The stats and behaviors would be identical to those of Sonic, so it would be easy to do. I can draw up all the animation frames for all 8 angles, but I'll need someone to put it all together.

So, anyone willing to help me out?

Slapping the thing together and setting up the stats is the easy part. making the animate angles is the hard part.

I'll help out. when You think you have all the frames, send them to me in a zip/rar file and I'll put them into a character wad.

this sounds cool, i think it'd be funny to play as Don patch...

hey, you should have Dying sound effects for him and sound effects for when he kills someone in match more, LIKE ZIM :D

but, keep this idea coming, and show us a sprite when you made one

Thanks for the offers, guys. I'll try to make a sprite sheet ASAP, and maybe I'll throw in a few sound effects for taunts and death too.

Of course, I guarantee that screaming "CHURROS!!!!!!!" will be one of his taunts. It just wouldn't be authentic otherwise.

Suggestions

Make him say "Churros, come get your churros" for a taunt instead of him screaming it. When he dies he should say "CHURROS!!!" It sounds better that way IMO. Maybe even make him fly like Tails, saying "Tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet ..."

Re: Suggestions

Ice teh Hedgehog said:
Make him say "Churros, come get your churros" for a taunt instead of him screaming it. When he dies he should say "CHURROS!!!" It sounds better that way IMO. Maybe even make him fly like Tails, saying "Tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet ..."

OMG, that would be so halarious, Please Make this Wad! i love the idea!

I understand, Bigboi. Anime's not all bad, but BoBoBo(times whatever) is pretty stupid.

Ice teh Hedgehog said:
That show is G-E-W-D gewd. ;) Maybe make a Bobobo one. I can imagine him taunting "FIST OF THE NOSE HAIR"!.
lol, that would be halarious...

hey Cyber link (or whoever is doing the sprites), are there any sprite pics yet?

Still working on it. Fortunately, I've got a whole sprite sheet I ripped from one of the GBA games that I can use as a basis, including several emotion shots.

Hmm. I'm not too familiar with BoBoBo-Bo-BoBoBo (I googled a few times to get that right XD), after looking up the character Don Patch. I say it should be pretty easy to make. Probably the easiest wad to make next to Kirby or Pacman.

Actually, it's spelled Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo, but that's beside the point.

Yeah, it should be decently easy. Thanks to the aforementioned GBA sprites, I already have all the colors I need. The trick is properly conveying his emotions from each perspective.

I'm thinking a confident grin when he's just standing, a smile with the teeth exposed (a la the above Knux image) while running, eyes closed when jumping, starry eyes and a huge smile when "flying" abilities, and a wide eyed scream whenever attacked or killed.

As for sound effects, here's what I have so far:

Taunts:
"Churros! Get your churros!"
"Fuzzylicious!"
"How you like me now?!"
*maniacal laughter*
"Magic-Wand-Oh!"

Flight:
"Tweettweettweettweettweettweettweettweet..."

Hurt/killed:
"CHURROOOOOOOOOOOS!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
"Grrrrr....."

If someone could even figure out a way to either get him to throw churros instead of rings or be able to swing the Don Patch sword (in all its "IT'S A GREEN ONION!!!!" glory), that would be awesome beyond belief.

Cyberlink420 said:
If someone could even figure out a way to either get him to throw churros instead of rings or be able to swing the Don Patch sword (in all its "IT'S A GREEN ONION!!!!" glory), that would be awesome beyond belief.

well in the Don patch character wad, you should replace the Rings with Churros then, that might work, and as for the sword, you might need to ask shuffle for the Link mod source code (or whoever has the code) and then make an animation for that :mrgreen:

Cyberlink420 said:
As for sound effects, here's what I have so far:

Taunts:
"Churros! Get your churros!"
"Fuzzylicious!"
"How you like me now?!"
*maniacal laughter*
"Magic-Wand-Oh!"

Flight:
"Tweettweettweettweettweettweettweettweet..."

Hurt/killed:
"CHURROOOOOOOOOOOS!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
"Grrrrr....."

heh... Very nice, i cant wait to hear the SFX :mrgreen:
(or maybe if you can post the links here maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back