help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help.
1. How do I load the WAD files into the game?
There are two ways to do this. The first way is to use the launcher in the files section and add them into the WAD Files section. Note that you will sometimes need to change the MAP in-game or go into Player Options to switch to the skin you loaded, as SRB2 doesn't always do it automatically. The second way is to use the console. To load a file in the console, type "ADDFILE [filename]".

What does that mean? :x :( I want to add Amy Rose and another level (WAD files) to SRB2, but I can't find the "launcher"! :eek:
please help! :D
thanks,
:eek: N :eek:

nuparurocks said:
The launcher is a piece of crap.

:eek: What are you talking about? :o

That launcher is great! :D I use it all the time. 8) Why are you insulting it? :cry: :| :?

Well, some people have their own launchers that admittedly, are superior to the official one. But some sort of launcher is an extremely usefull tool.

I find the launcher to be incredibly useless, aside from running OpenGL mode. It doesn't have a master server list, so I can't join netgames with it. It can't add wadfiles that aren't in SRB2's ROOT directory, so that's out. Yup.. the little OpenGL checkbox is the only use I have for it. I always use the manual parameters for adding wads.

Shuffle said:
I find the launcher to be incredibly useless, aside from running OpenGL mode. It doesn't have a master server list, so I can't join netgames with it. It can't add wadfiles that aren't in SRB2's ROOT directory, so that's out. Yup.. the little OpenGL checkbox is the only use I have for it. I always use the manual parameters for adding wads.
yeah. It don't work on my computer.

nuparurocks said:
Shuffle said:
yeah. It don't work on my computer.
*hisssss!*

My hatred of those three words aside, exactly how does the launcher not work? Does it give out an error message? If so then what's the message?

Shuffle said:
It doesn't have a master server list, so I can't join netgames with it.
*cough* IP address like it was designed to *cough*

The launcher is an ancient artifact of a former era. The master server didn't exist when it was written, duh.

Joining by IP is a pain. I'd know, I had to do it before the master server was around. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back