Help... =( I cant play my level...

Status
Not open for further replies.

supa tails

When ever I type add the file into the game, it works ok, I guess, but once I type MAP MAP01 into the consol, it closes and says "signal handler violation" or something like that... Does anyone know what to do? =?

"Signal Handler Segment Violation" is SRB2's generic "lolwtf" error. Generally to get help fixing it, you're going to have to upload the WAD, or explain the level in greater detail.

Getting a signal handler violation usually means that something is broken in your map. Nobody can really tell you what it is, but try running an error check in Doombuilder(F4).

If that doesn't work, check the most recent thing you did and make sure that it's set up correctly.

If you added extra textures to the game, then they may not be loaded properly. From what you wrote, it sounds like you didn't load the textures with the level wad.

To load your extra textures, go to Map Options under the Edit menu and select the file with the textures.

For now, I just need to learn how to add the texture files into the actual game so it isn't just a bunch of redwall... =(

Well, you open the wad with (esiest for converting lump types) SlumpED, load the pic into the wad, and change the type to texture. If you afe asked if you want to add something, choose yes. Oh, and if it's too big, the game will crash. o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back