Help getting custom textures to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

supa tails

I am currently in the process of making a map of a city that will hopefully set new standards for most noobish maps out there, based off of Left 4 Dead, but so far the only error I am running into is getting certain textures to work. Only 3 of these textures actually work in doom builder and all of the others are usually just blank. I tried saving them in BMP format (which I guessed was the only format doom builder accepted) but most of them still don't show up the right way. How can I fix this? Here is a link for anyone who wants to give a helping hand =D

http://www.savefile.com/files/1911835

Why are you using full color JPGs as textures in SRB2? SRB2 has a limited palette, and when a full color image gets converted to the 256 colors SRB2 uses, the picture usually looks very bad. I think it is better just to make textures starting off with the SRB2 palette so that it won't look ugly. I also suggest that you save your textures in BMP files so that XWE or SLumpED can convert them correctly. JPG is a bad choice for sprites and textures.

yeah I know that, I saved most of them as bmp but not all of them yet. The textures so far actually look very good in-game though, they don't look too horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back