Hee hee hee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The....what....hell....0.o
Oh wait, let me guess, thats just Windows XP skinned to mimic a Mac, right......right?

Huh. <_<

...Well, I'm not too wise about the compatibilities for SRB2, so I wouldn't get it.

Spazzo: Maybe so, but that'd probably take a lot of editting.

Is that on an Intel Mac?

Big endian machines can't run software mode...

Lostgame said:
Umm...

No!?

That is OS X 10.4 "Tiger", running SRB2 at an amazing 5 FPS!

I laugh in your face. See, this is why I use Windows. Not Linux, not Mac, but Windows. It natively supports millions of games with the best performance possible, because ports and emulators aren't needed.

Mac's still exist? I thought Bill gates Burnt down the company apple tree decades ago ;P

The only thing I see surprizing in that pic is the 0/12 eggs XP

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Macs are so big, they got their iPods to back them up. I still see tons and tons of people with Mac laptops.

Mostly adults and the like. iPod is good, but I don't see any reason to have a Mac laptop.

Oh and by the way, does the FPS increase when you look at a wall?

FoxBlitzz said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:
Macs are so big, they got their iPods to back them up. I still see tons and tons of people with Mac laptops.

Mostly adults and the like. iPod is good, but I don't see any reason to have a Mac laptop.

Less memory to access and translate through your video card.

When you're looking over a valley, you've got the grass (each individual square) enemies, their movement and AI, the background (sky), any buildings or differentiating textures (each individual square) and of course, the walls.

Added up between your RAM and your video card, the frame rate can increase when looking at a wall because there's nothing to translate into your monitor.

Except for a few wall textures.

Oh yeah, and the sprite visual and HUD if you're using them.

High Hat 314 said:

When you're looking over a valley, you've got the grass (each individual square) enemies, their movement and AI, the background (sky), any buildings or differentiating textures (each individual square) and of course, the walls.

Added up between your RAM and your video card, the frame rate can increase when looking at a wall because there's nothing to translate into your monitor.

Jesus, I wasn't asking for an actual definition. I already know what causes the FPS to decrease. I'm not butt stupid. I know all of the different ways FPS can be affected. X.X If I didn't know, why would I ask such a specific question in the first place? In some cases the FPS doesn't decrease when looking at the wall. Maybe the visibility system was broken somehow.

High Hat 314 said:
FoxBlitzz said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:

"You never cease to surprise me blue hedgehog."

- Sonic Adventure 2

You never change. Do you, High Hat...? :|

Answering some questions:

1) No, it's not an intel iMac.

2) No, that's not software mode.

3) Yeah, the frame rate is crap.

4) There is no Mac version of SRB2 that is an actual build that you can use that I am aware of. If there is, someone please lead me there and I will totally use it.

There's a Mac port, but I believe it crashes/freezes while loading a level (after most of the console messages like Player Renamed and such).

Oh and by the way, that is software mode you're running. There's no image filtering like there is in OpenGL mode, and the dark area has color loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back