Head Tracking with Wii Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, this only furthers my desire for a Wii.
I'm definitely getting one now, this is one of the more innovative things I've seen come from a new system. Take THAT PS3 in all your glorious failure.

Depending on the signal range and the size of tv, think about taking it into your backyard and playing it. I don't mean run all through your yard like an idiot but you'd have plenty of room then.

Wow, that was sketchy, and cool at the same time. I liked how something like that could be a game in the future. Neat idea.

I would like to point out that the Wii itself has nothing to do with this. He connected his Wii Remote to his computer through Bluetooth, wrote a program that recieved and interpreted the signals, then sent signals to his TV so the 3D-ness showed up on the TV. Of course, this means no 3D Head Tracking Wii Game for j00. PC game sending signals to your TV, maybe, but not Wii.

Oh, man. This is so awesomely awesome I can scarcely believe it. First we get a brain-impulse activated telekinesis game, and now we have this realistic sense of perception. It's obvious what Nintendo's going to do with its next console now. Perception is just the next step in the big videogame ladder.
I can see virtual reality on the horizon. Humanity is definitely getting close. It's not long now before we finally achieve it.

Kaysakado said:
I would like to point out that the Wii itself has nothing to do with this.
You couldn't do it without the Wii, though. You must have the Wii turned on to power the sensor bar.

It could be done with the Wii, not just the pc. Since there is NO homebrew for the Wii yet, he could not use the Wii. But, a developer could use it and make a fun Wii game.

Holy... freakin'... WOW!

Although, this isn't really something I'd see in someone's home, but at an arcade or a theme park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back