Have you ever had a non-thokfest race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer your question, No I've never had a non-thokfest and i doubt i ever will unless the server puts forceskin on Tails or Knuckles.

And besides, I hardly do race because of thokfests. It gets repetitive.

In certan levels, like the ice and castle levels, thokfests are basically mandatory (unless you want to lose that is). In every race I played (I play as knux BTW) it was a thokfest to the end.

The circuit maps are made for thokfests -- this isn't necessarily bad, as it does take practice and skill to thok effectively through the courses. It's just that it makes circuit as a game mode more linear in competitive playstyles than match and ctf, which both gives Tails and Knuckles advantages to match Sonic's natural speed and agility advantage.

I've been practicing, and some thokf-er I mean circuit levels are easily mastered, like the levels I mentioned.

Yeah, it isn't that hard to master thokking in certain levels.

NOT-A-THOK-FEST zone is an example of a zone... that isn't mastered by SAWNIKS.
It can be done...

I'd like to remind you that Not A Thokfest Zone is a JOKE. It happens to play okay but that is clearly not the design that circuit is intended to be. You're supposed to thok in race in SRB2. That's kinda what the thok is for.

Well, the level I'm submitting to the Race division of the upcoming OLDC may be a thokfest in some places, but there are sections where thokfesting is literally impossible. That's all I'll say for now.

Wow I had some races like that, on Not a Thokfest Zone map by Mystic, lol I was still winning, it was so easy.

Ringslinger race with Knuckles or Tails is what I prefer. I like Thokfests every once in awhile, but i'd rather have Sonic lose his thok'ing ability for Race mode. They should fix that. :P

I had this epic Knux-ringslinger-marathon. My friend even recorded it, so you can watch it here.

NOTE: This was in 1.09.4, back when I was known as Neon.

Nope, usually races I've been in are thok-fests but I don't really mind. I still play as Knuckles in races and as long as I make it to the finish I don't mind. Plus thats the point of the race stages, I mean most of the layouts are catered to thokking for example Race Alley; every corner you come across is perfect for thokking.

No, I havn´t had a non-thokfest race, so what? Thokking system is pretty much the same as Mario Kart´s sliding, slide, slide slide, till you get the boost and go forward.

Also, since I kick butt 85% of time in race, there´s no need for me to complain. -.^

never. but that seems like a good suggestion. yeahh im gonna forceskin knux next time then NOBODY WILL GAY IT UP ON RACE EVER AGAIN! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

I don't get thokfests too much.
...you know, they could just add an extra S_SKIN1 variable(raceability), that doesn't have thokking as an option...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back