Hang out rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you mean one-word posts, Blue Warrior.

But, yeah. Logan runs the Master Server. Bow down to him, for he is your god... at least your Master Server god.

FoxBlitzz said:
I think you mean one-word posts, Blue Warrior.

But, yeah. Logan runs the Master Server. Bow down to him, for he is your god... at least your Master Server god.

Yesss... bow to me :twisted:

At least when we're hosting on the Master Server anyway, bub.

Half the time I'm doing Offline Games trying to get my spinbattle.soc to work WITHOUT crashing.

You never answered that question!

*bows* Okay, I'm sure this has been covered but I'm a little tired right now and I'm just going to say this. In my opinion hangout/RP servers are just plain retarded. If a person joins the sever and plays it like it's meant to everyone gets mad. :roll: You are allowed to have Hangout/RP servers but you can not advertise them. If you tell the other joiners what your IP address is they can join your game. So, really there is no use for advertising them (RP servers) unless you want to get banned from using the Masterserver in which case by all means go ahead, but don't complain when you get banned.

I hope my first half sleep rant has filled you in.

Say Logan, have you ever considered somehow auto-banning anyone who hosts with the words "Roleplay" "RP" or "Hangout" in their server-names?

I have noticed, however, that when some netgames aren't advertised, you can still get the IP, but not the port it's hosted under is visible as well as the name.

I made a Game recently without Hosting it

Syko Test.

It game up on that Whitelist when I went to have a Look later. It appears to Give you a name and Ip for that particular game. is that list down there just to tell other players what games have been Started, Logan?

I learned about this rule the hard way. I got banned for a week from the Master Server...and another week from hosting games. After that, each time I play in a netgame or host one, I look at the Master Server rules again and again...so it doesn't happen again.

Draykon said:
This can be answered very simply: Alam and Logan don't like Hangout servers.

Sapping their bandwidth and killing their connection is a privilage, anyone who calls it a right clearly knows nothing about the mechanics of network access. They have every right to disallow anyone from using the Master Server, and they have chosen to do so to anyone who breaks the rules they have put forth.

I don't REALLY understand the mechanics of netplay but it should be very obvious to most people that hosting a master server 24/7 would obviously slow down the hosts computer A LOT. Logan obviously has a life or at least something else he does on his computer, hence you should respect their want of not flooding it with pointless servers, if you want to hangout go play Second life or something else.

*Black Zero gets blamed for forum members leaving*

By the way, what does roleplay mean when it comes to srb2

Roleplay is using characters to act ina real-life manner. Chat is obvious. Hang out IS chat. Clans are always hang-out/RP servers.

Also, Logan is SRB2 staff, so he DOES work on that with his machine, as well as host other things. He can't put his wholse machine into the MS, hence the restrictions.

Hang out servers aren't pointless they are fun, if you tried them once you would see that they're pretty fun (depends on the map actually).

(Notice my grammar improved because i got a PM from an Admin saying that i needed to improve my grammar or i get banned, weird)

sometimes i think Admins just want reasons to ban people, endless rules = no fun, (this doesn't apply to this, just saying) well everyone is going against me with this so I'm done with this.

i hate you all *cough*

MegaMig said:
Hang out servers aren't pointless they are fun, if you tried them once you would see that they're pretty fun (depends on the map actually).

sometimes i think Admins just want reasons to ban people, endless rules = no fun, (this doesn't apply to this, just saying) well everyone is going against me with this so I'm done with this.

i hate you all *cough*

Thats not true, I understand you can't respond just yet but they do not just want reasons to ban people. In fact if anything they want MORE people to play this awsome game*shot*

Right?

And I say again:

Black Zero said:
If you want to hangout go play Second life or something else.

Is hide and seek allowed? Because I used to do it in a map my friend made. I hope I won't be banned if I do that hide and seek thing again?

MegaMig said:

i hate you all *cough*

I'd just like to mention that I did in fact play in RP servers all the time back when it was allowed. Looking back on it now, I realise everyone looked stupid what with all the fake SuperForms (By switching skins to Nitemare) and randomly shouting "Chaos Control!"

Allthough the whole, "Armageddon attack sends everyone to Hell" Warp to Mario Koopa Blast was kinda funny.

GCFreak said:
Hey BZ, what happened to more than 1 computer?

offtopic: May I ask what you mean by that?

And I think hide and seek as well as tag are pointless at the moment, only because Tag mode does not keep score, YET?

Bah, if you could just tell wich persons may use in F12 and who may not, then hide and seek would be a little bit fun. Both Coop and Tag suck with hide and seek. In Coop the seeker cheats using F12, and in tag the time limit is darn annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back