Halo and Halo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronin sanji

Post what you like and/ or what you disliked about the Halo series.

In my opinion Halo is awsome and Halo 2 is even better. (possibly the best 1st person shooter ever created)

It's alright with some friends. Just about any other FPS would be better, though. There's just.. nothing SPECIAL about Halo.

It's a very general FPS. It's not amazing like everyone likes to say it is, but it does a great job of doing an FPS right.

The reason everyone loves it so much is that it's many people's first online FPS. Playing first person shooters online is just a ton of fun. Also, as anyone can tell you, playing them in splitscreen is a huge amount of entertainment as well. My friends and I still occasionally break out Goldeneye for some good deathmatch.

Halo is essentially riding on the FFVII effect, where it's the first game of a genre a lot of people play, and they love it to death because of it.

It's okay. I only whip it out when my brothers and cousins are over, though.. I don't even bother with the Single Player campaign. Seriously, it's that bad.

I still prefer playing some UT.

To be honest, I never been a fan of Halo nor have I actually liked playing it...

I don't know why, I just don't like Halo even if people say it has good FPS.

It's not the best FPS, Flame. It is, however, perfectly competent. I vastly prefer UT2K* over it, though.

I've never really been a fan of First Person shooters, the exception being Metroid Prime. They all seem the same. You learn the controls, learn the tricks, think of a awesome cheap strategy, and use it everytime to win any game. If you can't think of a strategy, you'll be having to find some sniping places and make cheap 1 hit kills.

If you can't aim well or think of a awesome cheap 1 hit-multikill strategy, you're done for. Admit it, you need to find every little secret place in a map to win, and you have to be granted the ability to aim well too. 1-hit kills and unbeatable strategies have always ruined FPS. SRB2 is luckily more dodge and speed and stuff, however, luck plays a pretty decent role, and rail only encourages the horrible First Person shooter system.

If rail(Being a absolute FPS player or being a good mouse player just gives you waaay too big advantages), auto-ring(horrid cheapness and overpowerdness. No argument can be bring me down on that), and homing(Makes the match depend on luckyness if everyone uses it) would be removed/replaced, even match mode on SRB2 would be Sonic-like.

I don't see how Rail encourages first person shooter tactics, considering I've been using FPS tactics from the beginning of playing match mode back in Demo 2-3.

Aim still has a big factor in whether or not you hit the target with red rings, but it adds an additional factor, leading your shots. You shoot in front of the target, and by the time the ring gets there, it will hit him.

Another great FPS tactic that works great in SRB2 is getting yourself in a position where you're in a cramped area, and the other player cannot dodge your shot. For instance, thokking behind the couch in Zim's Base is a great tactic along these lines. Thok back there, turn around, and chuck a bunch of red rings. If they follow you, they always get hit.

Honestly, what Rail does is it allows you to peg people from across the map. This is a very important thing, especially in CTF, and the game would lose out on a lot if it was removed.

What needs to be removed, really, is homing. This isn't Mario Party, and rolling the dice should not determine the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back