hackers on srb2 netgames

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this is where u can post hacker encounters/ mine: a guy named ??? who can change his name to black (color) if u try to hit him in a match he'll dissapear and appear away from the ring and he'll automatically change you to a different team on CTF also he'll kick you if u dont do what he says (sry if i broke any rules i'm new) (also tell me if i posted in the wrong area)

You only broke the rules by having really hard to understand grammar and spelling.

Also, yeah, this is in the wrong section.

Chaosemerald said:
Well this is where you can post hacker encounters. Mine: A guy named ??? Who can change his name to black (color) If you try to hit him in a match he'll dissapear and appear away from the ring and he'll automatically change you to a different team on CTF. also he'll kick you if you dont do what he says (sorry if I broke any rules i'm new) (also tell me if I posted in the wrong area)
This post has been proper grammer-tized by SuperMecha, The boards official grammer-tizing member.
I wonder how he hacks...... O.O

Hackers? In SRB2? Not likely. I imagine SRB2's netplay code would consistency fail anyone who does anything that other people can't do.

Hey, about his grammar, HE IS NEW!!....Geez, cut him some slack....

I saw ??? once, but I left that server quick. ....And the ability to change teams for other people is normal,....I think....and the teleporting thing is very strange.... :|

Changing other people's teams? All he needs to do for that is trick the host into verifying him. Or be the host.

As for the teleporting, I sincirely doubt that, your aim just sucks :wink:

So.... we're saying basicly that the hacker is not real....'cause if so, WWOOTT! :lol:

*looks up at Draykon's post*

*giggle* ...your aim just sucks...*giggle*

He could always just messed with the SRB2 Source Code to allow Devmode and Teleport in multiplayer.

Also, SRB2 has more network security than Runescape or Habbo, funny, huh?

EDIT: In response to Darkwarrior's post:

3. No hacking. Using the in-game cheats is fine, but using external programs to modify your score, change the color of your name, gain access to content you shouldn't be able to access, or any other such action will result in an immediate ban.

There's nothing there about talking about people hacking, nor am I actually hacking SRB2. And I'm not showing them how to allow Devmode or Teleport >_>

Draykon said:
Changing other people's teams? All he needs to do for that is trick the host into verifying him. Or be the host.

As for the teleporting, I sincirely doubt that, your aim just sucks :wink:

he was the host of the server/ he hosts capture the flag and matches

I doubt that he is hacking srb2...

From reading these posts, You say if you hit him in match that he will reappear away from the ring? This is called respawning, not teleporting...

Also, for CTF, if he is automatically changing teams, there's a console command named "Serverchangeteam". It lets the host of the server pick which team a player is on.
Probably the host does this either because:
1) He does not want help.
2) He wants a challenge.

He just might be a new experienced player :|

It isn't hacking....
True hacking would involve using the srb2 master servers ip address, and sending packets to it.
And that'd be hard.
You'd need a packet logging program and record each packet.
And I'm pretty sure that it would not allow wrong packets to be sent, so any hacks are clientside(only hacker doing them can see effects)

I played with that guy before, he isn't hacking, you were probably just lagging if you missed him......
And Miles, it sounds kinda strange that you know how to hack like that....

Miles said:
It isn't hacking....
True hacking would involve using the srb2 master servers ip address, and sending packets to it.
And that'd be hard.
And I'm pretty sure that it would not allow wrong packets to be sent, so any hacks are clientside(only hacker doing them can see effects)

Two things wrong with that:
1) The Master Server is only used for advertising netgames, you'd actually send packets to the host of a netgame.
2) Wouldn't work with SRB2's netplay code, you'd get consistency failures.

Miles said:
It isn't hacking....
And that'd be hard.
Please, stop talking about things when you don't really know what you're talking about.

First of all, as Draykon said, the Master Server acts like a nexus for people to recieve a listing of "worlds", or servers, at which point they choose which server to join and join via the client. After they join the server, they have no connection whatsoever to the Master Server in any way.

Next, onto packet tracing, it actually is very simple. You could use a connection proxy that creates a log of packets, although that would be a bit of a moot point to do as you can get programs that track and edit the packets sent by specific programs through Winsock. All it has to do is use Winsock to track the socket opened by the program and all the packets that go through it...

It would also be impossible to trace and edit the packets you want; think of how many packets per second you're getting for every player's movements from the server. Yeah, that's a lot. Now, think about sifting through all of those packets attempting to find the one you want? Finally, attempt to resend the packet and then recieve a consistency failure because something on your client does not match what other people see, or the server sees (not visually, in a technical sense).

Thirdly, how in the hell could sending packets to the server give you a client side effect if you don't even get a response packet from it?

Trust me, there's pretty close to absolutely no way to packet hack SRB2. Tough luck.

Hacking SRB2 is impossible?!Trust me.I can hack Runescape and Halo in very easy steps,so why cant I hack SRB2?

The rules thats why.

Yes,using cheats are fun,but if your using cheats to beat a game,thats no good.

Hacking games is only fun if your going to put something like Mario in it.

Hacking SRB2 is not cool nor fun.

And just for the heck of it..

Thats NO good.

Yeah, you can't hack SRB2 netgames, thanks to the game being synchronized across all clients. Of course, this method is also the source of the low lag tolerance...

...But everyone will be on FIOS in a few years, anyway! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back