Graphical problems in SA:DX

Status
Not open for further replies.
While playing a demo of Sonic Adventure DX on my comp (I often download demos of games I already own a console version of and see how they run), I noticed a few graphical problems that I'd really like to fix.

1. There's no option for VSync in the configuration. The horizontal "tearing" gets quite annoying, any way I could get the game to use VSync?

2. Any way to increase the draw distance for objects like rings, checkpoint posts, foliage, etc.? The clipping distance option in the game's menu just sets draw distance for world geometry.

How does that fix it? It's the game, not my computer. I assure you, my computer can handle this. (on 4x AA too, have yet to try 8x)

About the first problem, it's a hardware limitation. The EGAs were able to send information about the VSync, the VGAs weren't, and actually some SVGAs can send that information, but not all the SVGAs. I know it because it appeared in the Allegro's help.

About the second problem, I want this for Sonic Heroes :P Now, seriously, Sonic Heroes clips the sprites but not the world, getting the speed slooooow...

Sik said:
About the first problem, it's a hardware limitation. The EGAs were able to send information about the VSync, the VGAs weren't, and actually some SVGAs can send that information, but not all the SVGAs. I know it because it appeared in the Allegro's help.

About the second problem, I want this for Sonic Heroes :P Now, seriously, Sonic Heroes clips the sprites but not the world, getting the speed slooooow...
What about XGA and SXGA? My monitor is 5 years old, so it's VGA or SVGA.

It doesn't surprise me that it was a bad port, really....

Check your video card driver settings to see if you can force vsync to always be on. I know the ATI's can.

The only thing that pisses me off in the game is draw distance.

I tried SA:DX under 8x antialiasing (wow!) and I got framerate drops to 30 in Knuckles' demo level in certain areas. Sonic's level and Tails' level ran perfectly fine. I'm sticking with 4x.

By the way, looks like nVidia has an option to force VSync too. Thanks.

EvilCowSlayer said:
I tried SA:DX under 8x antialiasing (wow!) and I got framerate drops to 30 in Knuckles' demo level in certain areas. Sonic's level and Tails' level ran perfectly fine. I'm sticking with 4x.
Antialiasing of what? If you're talking about antialiasing of the textures (which is known as filter), try this test: disable it. No, it's not for get performace, just see how the textures looks :D (mmmmmh, for want the filtering disabled I'm REALLY a fan of the old stuff).

No, antialiasing of the 3D models. I kept anisotropic filtering off because I didn't need it with this game. I turn it on for something like UT2004, but SA:DX is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back