Gonna start up a Vanilla SRB2Kart Server, thoughts?

When I first installed SRB2K I noticed that most servers are completely bloated with mods upwards of close to 1GB of them, causing the loading times to take forever and slowly filling my already low storage space of 32GB which is non-upgradable. (I didn't do my research and bought a terrible chromebook...) So I end up just playing time attack wishing there was some kind of NPC versus mode.

And that's how the idea of the server came about, a completely vanilla (aside from bonuschars.kart which comes with every install) experience.

But before this server can be made I need to know whether people will actually play or not, so what are your thoughts on having a server similar to 24/7 Vanilla? (But SRB2K of course)

NOTE: It will also be for all skill levels, since even when I could get on servers everyone was much better at the game and it was not very fun for me.

Last edited:
Great! Just some simple karting experience is what a game like SRB2K needs. Especially in a server (not saying all the mod servers are bad though).

When I first installed SRB2K I noticed that most servers are completely bloated with mods upwards of close to 1GB of them, causing the loading times to take forever and slowly filling my already low storage space of 32GB which is non-upgradable. (I didn't do my research and bought a terrible chromebook...) So I end up just playing time attack wishing there was some kind of NPC versus mode.

And that's how the idea of the server came about, a completely vanilla (aside from bonuschars.kart which comes with every install) experience.

But before this server can be made I need to know whether people will actually play or not, so what are your thoughts on having a server similar to 24/7 Vanilla? (But SRB2K of course)

NOTE: It will also be for all skill levels, since even when I could get on servers everyone was much better at the game and it was not very fun for me.
Running a 24/7 dedicated server on a low-end Chromebook might not be a good idea. Your server could potentially be very slow.

I really like your idea. Many servers are indeed bloated. I've got my SRB2Kart directory inflate up to 8 gibibytes. That's simply friggin' insane. Many servers also load up tons of low-quality meme addons, which is annoying. I've also tried to start my own (non-dedicated) server but nobody ever joins it and I've got no clue why. I've decided to only load race map and character addons on my server, and trying to avoid major addons as much as possible. So the server is as close to the vanilla experience but still has nice extra maps and characters. I've also noticed that many maps in other servers are either low-quality (e.g. missing signs before risky turns, or buggy af and a terrible sin to deploy in a public server), designed for extremely high skill, or just ugly or loaded with memes. I've tried to avoid that with the maps I chose. I think extra maps can be fun and also some of the vanilla maps can be annoying as well so that's why I like extra maps even in a vanilla server.

I really like your idea. Many servers are indeed bloated. I've got my SRB2Kart directory inflate up to 8 gibibytes. That's simply friggin' insane. Many servers also load up tons of low-quality meme addons, which is annoying. I've also tried to start my own (non-dedicated) server but nobody ever joins it and I've got no clue why. I've decided to only load race map and character addons on my server, and trying to avoid major addons as much as possible. So the server is as close to the vanilla experience but still has nice extra maps and characters. I've also noticed that many maps in other servers are either low-quality (e.g. missing signs before risky turns, or buggy af and a terrible sin to deploy in a public server), designed for extremely high skill, or just ugly or loaded with memes. I've tried to avoid that with the maps I chose. I think extra maps can be fun and also some of the vanilla maps can be annoying as well so that's why I like extra maps even in a vanilla server.
Thanks for the feedback! Will take this into consideration.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back