Glaber's Vote topic Summer 2021

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
Video coming later, for now votes!

All Stages are in order of vote.

Koopa Kastle
This one is mine. Created along side a Mario Maker 2 level, it's designed more like a 3d Mario stage than a Sonic stage.

Mercury Mine Zone
This one was alright. Plenty of paths and fun to play through with Gemma. Gemma is always able to take advantage of Water Boost Jumps especially in a level like this.

Abyss Caverns Zone
A little boring, but I can't take too much off for that. I've played this with a few other characters too, but Kirby was the one who made it into the video. The level feels like it could use a little more activity, but otherwise it's solidly built.

Hollow Hill Zone
this stage has some progression issues in that certain springs wound up blending in with the walls making them hard to see. A bustable floor also had some collision issues too (rings in the form of an arrow are at this one), but if it's fixed, I do not know as I haven't tried the path since beta. The “ghost water” was an interesting gimmick, but there is an issue with having to wait so long to get back down from a certain emblem at the end. I have edited this wait time down in the video.

Teal Tundra Zone
Nothing extraordinary. A solid level, but mostly empty.

Fort Sunset Zone
Very basic, but the point of the stage was to be like maybe a mini game From Drawn to Life. Where it falls flat is the coins. They are somehow solid, meaning that Fang can't shoot through them and Sonic can rebound off them (if rebound dash is loaded) Other than that, it's a simple coin collecting stage and it gets the job done.

Blizzard Bastion Zone
This stage is a solid one as well. However there is an issue with certain rings by a slope that won't move when you have any kind of attraction shield. Some areas were a bit too big and empty, others were too dense. This stage could use refinement. Also the music did not loop properly. Knuckles had some issues on his own paths too. Such as an underwater segment that looked like bad level design due to an invisible wall.

Ridge Rapids Zone
This stage is ok, it just has a couple of texture issues and some issues going from 2d to 3d mode. I can't say if Axis 2d played a part in this though as I simply don't know how that works, but I can't deny that Axis 2d from Ante-Station had at least some sort of effect.

Lava Temple
This stage is down here partly because of the X-treme music, and partly because of unclear level design in parts of the stage, and the difficulty. While the video shows I know where to go, during my initial play through I ran into what I thought were dead ends because I didn't know about the invisible moving platform.

Ante-Station Zone
this stage is mostly good, but the way it uses polyobjects is frustrating. Axis 2d does not like you moving sideways with any of the polyobjects, nor does it like you moving too fast with the camera angled just right. The camera also does not allow you to look up nor down either making it a little difficult to look above or below you, not that it really mattered in this stage though.

Music Mash Zone
This level shows that the author has improved since their previous 2 levels. They have shown that they're getting a better grasp on how to make levels for SRB2, but they're still making some questionable design decisions. The sound maze was frustrating with or without stereo headphones, polyobjects felt a little too fast in the cymbal room. The music change issue shown in the video has since been fixed in the OLDC pack.

Emerald Glade Zone
A stage that clearly made by a new comer. It's not that bad as it at least shows some basic understanding of map making. However, the map maker still has a ways to go to improve. All I can say is keep at it.

Drenched Dam Zone
Cramped, short, and not fun.

Bombastic Beach Zone
Anything but Bombastic. This stage is cramped, short, full of hazards, and has improperly set up starposts.

Falcon Emissary Zone
This stage was another good one, but unfortunately it has 2 soft lock spats that were caught in testing, but never got fixed. One of these spots was tagged as a conveyor belt and the other was given no effect at all. Aside from those, there were a few questionable spots along the way. One being a spot that held a sub where if you don't have a good jump ability, you start asking “How do I get back up?” Knuckles also has a unique path with fans meant to blow you upwards. These fans though are not blowing hard enough and barely push you up. Then come the fan section near the end where you're being pushed down. This section makes you stop on a dime, you can't roll, you can't attack, it's like gravity was made too strong.

Zaxel's Thunder Yard
This stage could had been good. It has good level design, but certain events and a secret room (not recorded) have made this level controversial. This level unfortunately gets too big and has a troll ending where you get stuck in an endless loop made worse by the OLDC's infinite lives. Even without the infinite lives, having a room that kills you over and over until you game over (or quit) is a jerk move. Because of it being intentional I have to rank this one as last as you are tricking unsuspecting people with it. Even Latch would have fallen for it if he wasn't warned first.

As the feed back is ment to be public, I'll be reposting this in the discussion topic too.

Multiplayer: Unplayed

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back