GFZ2 House's Secret Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how do YOU know the topic in #SRB2Dev? Hmmm?

And, considering SSN said there was nothing in it... :roll:

I know it because I do topic raids, where I take a screenshot of the topic. Velo did one once, and it stated that(in the developer's beta) the paramiter -sonikkulives activates the GFZ2 house. Which means it is real.

It's much easier to set mIRC to keep the window open. Or to keep logs. Yes. Much, much easier.

After completing the INSANE(ly stupid) directions The Captain and SSNTails fed me:
Me and SSNTails said:
Session Start: Tue Apr 11 22:38:10 2006
Session Ident: SSNTails
[PM:10:38:10] Session Ident: SSNTails (~me@r235-204.stoneridge.ship.edu)
[PM:10:38:10] <SSNTails> a winner is you
[PM:10:38:48] <SSNTails> like i said days ago, the house is just there for nothing
[PM:10:38:57] <SSNTails> but it has a purpose, albeit unintentionally
[PM:10:39:03] <SSNTails> to make the entire channel go nuts XD
[PM:10:39:09] <SSNTails> so,
[PM:10:39:18] <SSNTails> you can either blab, or get in on the secret
[PM:10:39:29] <Shuffle> Aww, that's not cool D:
[PM:10:39:46] <SSNTails> i didnt mean for people to find it and start wondering what the hell it did
[PM:10:40:01] <SSNTails> i was GOING to have it do something in later versions, but I guess I'm going to have to change that now
[PM:10:40:07] <Shuffle> Heh.
[PM:10:40:20] <Shuffle> You should give me DSZ ;)
[PM:10:40:37] <SSNTails> i seriously thought sonic could not get the black shield in gfz2
[PM:10:40:37] <Shuffle> Then I could have fun FRAPSing videos of it.. just to tick people off.
[PM:10:40:51] <Shuffle> So did I, 'till everyone told me otherwise.
[PM:10:41:09] <Shuffle> You fail at making impossible stuff ;P
[PM:10:41:52] <Shuffle> Gimme DSZplz? :))
[PM:10:43:16] <SSNTails> sure
[PM:10:44:07] <Shuffle> That was easy.
[PM:10:44:10] <Shuffle> Perhaps.. TOO EASY >_>'
[PM:10:45:06] <SSNTails> www.sepwich.com/ssntails/dsz1-2006.wad

No. Especially since DCZ doesn't exist. I have DSZ. A tiny, chopped up version.
And no, you can't have that, either.

I didn't get my leak from him. I had the 1.09 betas like, months before 1.09 came out.

Considering he LEFT before that...
We kind of figured.

I'm just saying that we'd know a lot more about the secrets of SRB2.

If I were a developer, and someone leaked news of a secret I mean't to keep hidden til I revealed it a year later, I would change that secret for the next version and proceed to say "It's a hoax, okay?" and show screens from the next version as "proof" and release it. I would then keep the new secret for the next couple of versions to make everyone forget the real secret, then put the real secret back in and wait to reveal it a year later.

This is SWEET! The Game Save, that is. You know, you can always download the game to a different folder, then try to beat the game.

I have traveled through all of GFZ2 before, and there is no house in it...

Yes, this whole thing was a hoax, crafted entirely for our own sick amusement. ;D

The amusing thing was we set the challenges up on the spot; quickly dimissing the possibility of Sonic getting the Armageddon shield as an impossibility. Shortly afterwards, FuriousFox began to ponder about how possible it was. Ten minutes later, we managed to get up there after a little ingenuity, which was replicated by Shuffle not long aftewards. For his hard work, AJ rewarded him with a very, very, very cut-down DSZ. ;)

But yes, apologies for those who worked so very hard to accomplish this - consider it a long, dragged out April Fools joke? =D

--
Johnny

Fall in a well and die, Johnny. I want my 2 hours back.

You know I didn't mean that. :|

In conclusion: Pwned.

Yeah, but it was totally the best hoax we ever pulled. Sorta a bit of revenge for finding out about Red Volcano so fast.

Wow, where you been, Johnny?

Yeah, seeing as DCZ wasn't in any wad files, as an encoded map like RVZ.

And that video was fake, I knew it. :3 I didnt even try to "Unlock" the supposed "Dark city".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back