Getting Connection Timeouts after a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lars

A few days ago, maybe a week, Srb2 started acting weird if I host a server.
If someone joins, the game starts freezing after a minute and the joiner gets kicked out because of a connection timeout.
I first tought my internet would go crazy or something, but it doesn`t seem like that`s the fault, because the connection to the internet doesn`t get interrupted. One or two weeks ago there was no problem with that, I was able to host without thoses connection timeouts.
Any ideas what could be the problem?

Last edited:
I get these alot. A common problem is that their ping is too high and the server kicks them out. Try telling them to have nothing on but SRB2.

Their ping wasn't very high, the game ran very smoothly.
Ping command said 170 I think. (It was not over 200.)
And I've really seen worse Pings, and those people didn't get a connection timeout. And I really don't think that everyone who came in had thousand of programs opened. Maybe there is something else wrong?

---

Seems like the problem solved itself, I just tried hosting again and I didn't have any problems.
I think this topic is useless now.

---

Ok, it seems like the problem occured again. I can't figure out what the problem could be.
The joiners can't be the ones, that cause that, something seems to be wrong with me...
Does someone know what's going on?

---

Finally got a Screenshot for this, I always forgot to do this, and it seems like the ping goes up for everyone if that happens.
http://www.myimg.de/?img=srb20073cf849.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back