• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

GemPlanet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I might as well kill my wad, too many people complaining about short and long levels, I MADE THE LEVELS A NICE LENGTH OF TIME(NOT TOO LONG) AND THERE ARE SHORTCUTS THATS POSSIBLE TO TAKE. I YOU WANT TO (WHINE)COMPLAIN, DONT PLAY IT!!!

GemEarthBrandon said:
Ok, I might as well kill my wad, too many people complaining about short and long levels, I MADE THE LEVELS A NICE LENGTH OF TIME(NOT TOO LONG) AND THERE ARE SHORTCUTS THATS POSSIBLE TO TAKE. I YOU WANT TO (WHINE)COMPLAIN, DONT PLAY IT!!!

It's called CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM. We are helping you learn ways to make your wad better. You'll need it if you want to be better than Mystic Realm.

WHAO! At least release something playable before canning it! After seeing the screen shots I wanted to play those levels.

DroxSorcerer said:
It's called CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM. We are helping you learn ways to make your wad better.

Actually, you can't give really give effective constructive criticism on something that hasn't been released yet.

You can't honestly give this guy complaints, criticism, or links to Level Design 101 until he releases something. Well, you can, but it you won't be able to really justify it.

Moral of the story? Criticize this guy's creation after he releases it, not beforehand. Hell, for all we know, he might release something surprising.

Jazz said:
DroxSorcerer said:
It's called CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM. We are helping you learn ways to make your wad better.

Actually, you can't give really give effective constructive criticism on something that hasn't been released yet.

You can't honestly give this guy complaints, criticism, or links to Level Design 101 until he releases something. Well, you can, but it you won't be able to really justify it.

Moral of the story? Criticize this guy's creation after he releases it, not beforehand. Hell, for all we know, he might release something surprising.
Yes, but if he didn't like what we say now, think of how he'd react once he did release something, if it is bad.

And how do we know it's bad again?

Have you played through this mod? Until you can answer this question positively, you have no point of reference from which to tell this guy anything.

Jazz said:
And how do we know it's bad again?

Have you played through this mod? Until you can answer this question positively, you have no point of reference from which to tell this guy anything.

I simply said to read the wiki, because he gave the impression that he thought long levels were good levels, regardless of what was actually in the level.

You're right, I don't know if it's bad. Truthfully, from the screen shots, it looks decent, other than some rings the don't look like they're floating.

GemEarthBrandon said:

Calm down, we're only giving comments about what we can see from the screenshots, and we are not complaining about it. Besides, the levels look decent to me too compared with some of the levels that get released by new users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back