Gani-Gani (Sonic 1 Crab) Sprite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate

a scar in time...
The first sprite looks bad because I made the original sprite very big and then shrunk it...but the pixels couldn't accomodate for how tiny the points were...so I had to clean it up.

Do you guys think it's alright if the crab shows no movement and just glides on the ground? It would take so many more sprites to show movement...ALSO, should it face sideways for frontal sprite (Because crabs walk sideways)

Crab3GIF-1.gif

I did a little bit of cleaning up:
POSSA1.gif

I just made the back facing sprite. I think you can tell how much effort I put into this one (*cough* 5 minutes worth xD).

POSSABACK2.gif

srb20001.png

I think Gani-gani is the Japaniese name of Crabemeat. Any way regarding the size. I would suggest exporting any crawla sprite of you choice to use for a size refference.

Thanks for the help guys, the question I have now is, how do I get the sprite to replace the blue crawla sprite?
I went to XWE, loaded Srb2.srb, went under sprites, typed:

Entry -> New ->S_START
Entry -> Load ->Crab Pic
Entry -> New ->S_END

Then I deleted POSSA1 (blue crawla sprite facing forward)
and renamed Crab Pic as POSSA1.

I then tried to run srb2, but it said srb2.srb was corrupted.

Ooh, crabmeat is a good idea for an enemy. Also I think the smaller one is fine.

Um...can someone help me?

Thanks for the help guys, the question I have now is, how do I get the sprite to replace the blue crawla sprite?
I went to XWE, loaded Srb2.srb, went under sprites, typed:

Entry -> New ->S_START
Entry -> Load ->Crab Pic
Entry -> New ->S_END

Then I deleted POSSA1 (blue crawla sprite facing forward)
and renamed Crab Pic as POSSA1.

I then tried to run srb2, but it said srb2.srb was corrupted.

Ask and you shall recive. :P

Anyway, it seems that you corrupted your srb2.srb file which could be done (And that you probably did) by editing anything in it.

I suggest you try finding another srb2.srb file and make a new wad for the sprite. Something like Sonic1crab.wad or something. You will use this wad to replace the Crawla sprite frames by doing the same thing you did in the srb2.srb file.

S_START
POSSA1
S_END

I do love how the sprite looks too.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Anyway, it seems that you corrupted your srb2.srb file which could be done (And that you probably did) by editing anything in it.

That can't be done with SLumpEd easily, because it can't open a WAD unless it's .WAD. :D

Ultimate said:
I also tried this in XWE:
File -> New (Name: Crabmeat GaniGani.wad)
Entry -> New -> S_START
Load -> POSSA1 (which is the crab sprite/blue crawla sprite)
Entry -> New -> S_END
Exit

I tried loading the wad file but it said it could not be found or was not valid.
Can someone help me?

You cant have spaces in wad files they have to be underscores, try naming it Crabmeat_GaniGani.wad

Thank you as well, I tried that the moment before you posted about the spacing, because I thought..."I've never seen a wad with a space in it before"...xD

Also, I cleaned up the sprite a bit:
POSSA1.gif

Ooh I love it! So here's this giant enemy cra-shot-

Ehem, yeah, you need to have atleast 2 frames of movement for the CrabMeat robot...

Yeah, I was thinking 2 frames might be decent as well :D

Also, should it face sideways for the frontal sprite (Because crabs walk sideways)

Yeah, that way he'd look right in 2D levels and be accurate in 3D.
Maybe you could do motobug for the red crawlas and that bee thing for jettys.

Yup, I was planning on doing the bee ^^
In fact, I might do the bee before I continue work on the crab. (Since the bee with bee easier)

Also, I think Bobbla has already finished the motobug sprite (if I remember correctly)
motobugpreviewue6.png

I just made the back facing sprite. I think you can tell how much effort I put into this one (*cough* 5 minutes worth xD).
Which is better with reference to the frontal sprite?

POSSA1.gif

POSSABACK.gif

POSSABACK2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back