Gamedata is not saving.Have to start over if I quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srb2kirbyo

Goes by Kirboy in netgames
As the topic says.
I quit or get kicked out it doesn't save.
I get back in and all the secrets are gone.

I do have a clue I think.
I think it has something to do with the autoexe file,but I am not sure.

Please help. I am new here.

Are you talking about playing multiplayer? I'm not sure you can save secrets you find online. Also, make sure you don't enter any cheats or custom wads in the console. Notice it says you can't save if you do so.

no, 1 player mode.
I get 2 emblems,quit,get back in ,and there gone !
like someone deleted the gamedata file or something.

Second, I have a another problem with wads,but I'm going to check around to see if anyone has the same problem.

???

I don't know.
I think the gamedata is corrupted.
I download the game on a differnet website than srb2.org

Second with the srb2 launcher, I download it to pass the time for someone to figure out my first problem. A when I select a wad and run it.
It says "SRB2.srb2 file not found" or something like that,so I add the file to the list and it started up then crashed says"segment agruement error"
(Once again I'm not sure.) I will check later when I am done with school.
I will try to addfile command later !

srb2kirbyo said:
no, 1 player mode.
I get 2 emblems,quit,get back in ,and there gone !
like someone deleted the gamedata file or something.

Aren't emblems supposed to be gone once you get them?

I think he means the emblems he's collected "disappear" from the statistics screen, which means he has to collect them over again, Cheese.

Shuffle said:
Are you talking about playing multiplayer? I'm not sure you can save secrets you find online. Also, make sure you don't enter any cheats or custom wads in the console. Notice it says you can't save if you do so.

You can actually unlock Level Select and Mario Mode ONLY if you play multiplayer and get all the emeralds while completeing the game.

Hooray! The game is working! (It turns out that the gamedata file WAS corrupeted. so I switch it with another one.)

But....How do you get(or use) level select ?(I beat the game like 4 times.)

Is it the time attack thing ? if so, another problem is here.

When I select it...It gives me a strange page with half a paper with game ideas about the robots.

That half a paper was one of SSNTail's earlier set of ideas for enemies. There's another half... see if you can unlock it. ;)

Level select can be unlocked by beating the game with all seven emeralds (without cheats, of course).

Blue Warrior said:
Level select can be unlocked by beating the game with all seven emeralds (without cheats, of course).

No, that's how you unlock Mystic Realm's Level Select. In normal SRB2, that would unlock Mario Koopa Blast if you got the emeralds on normal difficulty or higher.

To unlock Level Select, you just have to complete the game at least once, without cheating of course.

hmmm.

That's funny I did that twice...Wait do you have to do it without get the 7 chaos emeralds on a certain difficulty ?

Re: ???

srb2kirbyo said:
Second with the srb2 launcher, I download it to pass the time for someone to figure out my first problem. A when I select a wad and run it.
It says "SRB2.srb2 file not found" or something like that,so I add the file to the list and it started up then crashed says"segment agruement error"
(Once again I'm not sure.) I will check later when I am done with school.
I will try to addfile command later !
Actually, it's "SRB2.srb. It's a self-adding wad that contains game configuration. The .srb at the end is important because this tells the game to automatically add the wad.
First of all, take the addfile command out of your autoexec. That should fix the segment argument error. Second, The SRB2 Launcher has a very bad locating system. It can only search for things in the location that it is in. You need to keep all of it in one folder, so you should make a folder called SRB2 or something in that nature. If an icon of Sonic pops up for the launcher icon, it should work correctly. Run it with default settings and no wads to make sure it works, so you know you've done something wrong with the launcher when you get an error after changing something. Also, make sure that that the SRB2 Executor is named this:
Code:
SRB2.exe
It locates the executor by finding the file with that name and running it. Just make sure you don't name anything else that, or it will run that.

Re: ???

Questionguy555 said:
First of all, take the addfile command out of your autoexec. That should fix the segment argument error.

How do I take the addfile command? By the way,the srb2launcher is in the same folder and play srb2 fine without and wads attached. So how do I play wad like Mystic's levels or add charaters ? (Man,my game must be busted because I still don't have level select,and I beat the game on ultimate!...maybe I don't know how to USE level select.)

Sorry. I thought you said you put in "addfile SRB2.srb" in autoexec.
Anyway, you need to name a modded game "SRB2.exe" (ex. SRB2JTE). Also, all wads you choose must not be outside the folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back