Gamecube Controller Issue

Goat

Hello all! Hope you are all well. I love this game but had a controller issue recently.

So I have two gamecube controllers (usb) that I use for games I play via steam, My switch, Origin, etc. Both of them have never had any issues with any games before. For SRB2 though its different. I go to the options to change to the controller and it does recognize its there. However when I click on it to enable, I get a message that says "This gamepad is used by another player. Reset the Gamepad for that player first. (Press a Key)"

Anyways, i've tried googling around and doing other stuff like running as admin or running it through Steam. (Nothing has worked) Does anyone have any ideas on what to do to fix this?! Or anyone else had the same issue? Please any help would be awesome!!! It's so frustrating because this game is amazing and I want to use a controller so bad. Worst case scenario I guess I could buy a new controller if this is just something I can't fix...

Thanks.

Go to player two and disable anything related to controllers; just make sure it's not using the controller, because it's actually what the message says, the controller is really being use already.

This issue's been a thing since 2.2's release and despite numerous complaints, still hasn't been fixed. Another controller issue is that rudder/trigger support is broken too, so yeah...controller support has been broken for a while.

Also keep in mind that the regular Pro Controllers don’t function correctly and the GameCube controllers are a derivative of that

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back