Fun with Light in CB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkz

Advanced FOFing Concepts
Well I haven't been able to get my questions answered in the PNG release thread, probably because it's old, and rather than double posting with more questions I thought I'd try here instead.

First off, How are the coronas supposed to work? I don't know if it's a linedef thing with control sectors or if it's an in-map side effect of light gradients (which I haven't experienced anyway)

Secondly, I'm playing around with some of the new CB SOC actions, particularly A_EmitLightParticle. I have everything figured out except the colors in VAR2. I've tried their numerical designations (i.e. 6= Red, 20= Hot Pink ect.) I Tried their hexadecimal designations from the color map in all combinations (six digit, six digit with gama, six digit with # before it and six digit with # and gama) It sounds like a lot of back and forth between programs but I have 4 different objects on the map working for me:D As a desperate attempt to get it to work I even spelled it out (NeonGreen) and with a space (Neon Green) Nothing's worked. What am I not getting here? In what form is VAR2 asking for the color? Or is CB's "richer" color map just too subtle to create a noticeable difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back