Fun SRB2 fact: 2.2.9 is broken

leah

jan Lija (toki pona)
I love waiting 10 minutes for the STJR screen to load, please goddamn fix this, this never happened with 2.2.8

You're going to need to be waaaaaay more descriptive than that.

Each computer is different in some aspect.
STJr, or about any game developer, can't just magically know what's the issue with the game on every individual machine out there.
If you magically get an uncommon issue, you might want to at least try something in your power to troubleshoot it.
Stuff like "what's my computer?", "what's on my screen when it happens?", "what's on the logs?", "did the game freeze?", "did i do it?", "is one of my programs interfering?"... you get the idea?
The devs can't go off from "game takes a lot of time to load" and no more information.

Might also take a shot in the dark and ask you to unplug all your controllers and restart your computer then see if the game starts up proper.

Mine does it as well, though that's attributed to the amount of files in my SRB2 directory, I believe.

• Cool!
Reactions: eb-
It's likely a controller issue. I've noticed sometimes the game hangs on boot, and pluggin in (or unplugging) controllers tends to fix it. If not, a restart works. Not sure why this happens every now and again, but it does. I've also noticed controller issues in other programs when this happens too, though - so I'm pretty sure it's not a SRB2 issue at its core (although SRB2 could stand to handle it a bit better)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back