Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigboi

I did, though.
friends-dont-let-friends-use-ie.jpg

Poor guy.

I can.
It would be really tough to surf the internet.
I am so saving that picture... It's going into the Pie Crust Archives, my friend.

I've used IE for as long as I've used the computer, and I have never had any problems like that. :/

hotdog003 said:
I can.
It would be really tough to surf the internet.
I am so saving that picture... It's going into the Pie Crust Archives, my friend.
Ehm, if I use 640¤480, with a few (four or five) of they, I lost almost all the visibility. For some reason I use 1024×768.

Which reminds me, othing pisses me off about Firefox more than people sticking Firefox banners in their signature. They're downright annoying, and really, I don't see why anyone should care what browser anyone uses. By the way, clever picture.

Just USING Internet Explorer now poses a very real threat to your computer, since it just lets all this adware right through without even taking a second look most times. That's not even considering the fact that it mutilates standards compliant CSS, which forces web designers to develop for IE so 90% of the world can view websites properly. And Microsoft is even partnered with the people who MAKE these standards. I guess I have to give them a break though, they are (or at least are rumored to be) working on a standards compliant version of IE, which should bring about a collective sigh of relief for web designers.

Firefox is MASSIVELY overrated compared to a lot of the other great browsers available like Opera, which I use for all my internet needs, but it's still an excellent alternative to IE. Lots of people are under the impression that it's "too hard" to change your browser, but nearly all of them make it ridiculously easy to import things like email accounts and bookmarks (favorites, whatever).

Those "OMFG USE FIREFOX" banners are annoying me too, but they promote safe internet usage ... and stuff, I guess. So more power to them, I say.

Finally, there's one flaw with that image: Googlebar is not adware or spyware in any form. It's a perfectly legitimate search toolbar. I'm not sure if that was intentional or what, just saying.

Edit: Just one more thing, do you really need to quote large images like that? I don't think you need to quote anything to get the point across that you're commenting about the first post and the image therein. Quote tags should only be used in circumstances as which require that you point out a specific line stated by someone.

Thanks, Tets. I've been bugging my dad for MONTHS to get him to switch to something else OTHER than IE. I'll print your post, and it may just be the straw that'll... uh... break the camel's tooth... er... maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back