France's government is trying to forbide free software

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were to ban this, then...

NO MORE SRB2 1.1!!

The waiting would continue... on and on and on and on and... you get the idea.

Roboashura said:
Sik does, I assume.
I only worry if the rest of the countries begin to do the same thing and then it gets to a point of almost global banning (and worse if somebody makes it an international law).

Anyways, as far as no one of the STJr staff is French, SRB2 can continue being developed and distributed. The same deal with Sonic Action.

Sik said:
Roboashura said:
Sik does, I assume.
I only worry if the rest of the countries begin to do the same thing and then it gets to a point of almost global banning (and worse if somebody makes it an international law).

Well, it's France...
I doubt too many countries are going to follow this law.
I mean, think about it.
No more Spybot, no more AVG, no more Ad-Aware...
And you'd wind up paying a lot more for computers, considering what's installed in them in the first place...

super sonic 2005 said:
And you'd wind up paying a lot more for computers, considering what's installed in them in the first place...

yeah, and half the stuff already installed isnt used anyway, the only thing i use that came with the computer i have is realplayer, i dont know why i dont just uninstall everything else.

and the operating system usually comes free with the computer anyway, win xp usually costs around £50 anyway, and when my grandad got his computer it had paint shop pro on it, which costs loads of money.

Ehm, the price of the programs inside is supposed to be inside the computer's price. :P

oh yeah... ~_^
i remember reading that somewhere now.
cant be to sure, commercial buisness's can be tricky.

That's the main reason building computers is cheapter than buying them. You can just use your old monitor, mouse and keyboard, which saves at LEAST 150 dollars.
Then you can just use the software you already have, which saves probably another 100 dollars.

Yaay, cheapness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back