ForestBattle.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gold Shadow

I realesed this in the Editing forum at first but since it's released ill post it here.
well here's my first wad, feel free to critise or to compliment on any part of it!

Anyway here's the download link.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/w9v1ta

here are some screenies from the new version.

srb20000-1.png

srb20001.png

srb20002-1.png

srb20003-1.png

Note: This level looks like crap mixed with Grass then chucked at a wall with toothpicks in it when you open it in software mode but use opengl otherwise the floor goes all mucky.

Anyway if you want, you can use these and it'll make it look better, these are the wads I used in the screenshots. Also, these wads work with other levels too...

Firstly, Use SA-SRB2
http://realmzonline.net/ree-c/sa-srb2.zip

Also, use Neopal
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.com/ffh/download.php?file=eb8f170073f1d2f94dabd092d8c53d4a

Remember you can say whatever about this wad! As long as it'll help my wadding skills for the future! :D

what do you mean by place the rings better?
never mind, anyway, i'm making some improvements now, mores obstacles etc. so ill update in about a day

Eww, this map is all sticky with graphical errors.

1. The feild of view is too huge, we get freaky walls in software mode.
2. The front-back orientation of the linedefs are screwed up, the floor looks all freaky.

Ok, so it's only two bugs, but their painfull to look at.

yeah I know that, but I accidently made those errors, those big green rectangles flying up into the sky? those were accidental, but play is opengl and it wont be all crappy, don't worry my next wad will be better..........hopefully :|

Better idea, rather than just saying "Oh, there are some software problems, so be sure to play in OpenGL Mode" You just fix the errors. And because this migrane is damaging my better judgment, I'm gonna tell you how! :D

To fix the wierd wall thingies, you need to put some visual obstructions in the map, throw in some more trees.

To fix the screwy linedefs, open them in WadAuthor (DoomBuilder might work, but I'm not making any promises) look at which sector actually is in the linedef's front and back, then select it and manually enter that as it's front and back linedefs.

It was halfway okay for a Wad, but i have no sugesstions because i have not even finished mine, anyways good job just lift up a few platforms and
then well thats all i can think of.

Cool, we've gotten to a point where you can judge the quality of a wad by it's name alone.

Ritz said:
Cool, we've gotten to a point where you can judge the quality of a wad by it's name alone.

Somewhat. But, some people are just lazy. I, myself, had to look at the screenshots to know that it wasn't worth downloading.

ok, I know my wad sucks and im making a new version but the thing is, not everything is perfect and this is my first wad so I f you don't like it, I don't mind,i'll try and improve, but still, im glad people are actually paying attention to me, its different from normal :D

I played it in a netgame, and although the visual effects are still not all that good, its quite fun playing with lots of people. I always hate the fact that people can hide or run because of all those walls and hills. I'd still recommend better ring placement, though. Its no fun to see so much rings so close to each other at 1 place. Spread them out. Not 1 by one, but 8 by 8 or something.

ok sms, thanks, I appreciate it, anyway, like you said, The ring placement isn't very good, so Iv'e updated thw wad with better ring placements, more obstacles and about the big pillars, I put them the to build up the tension so you have to look behing each pillar, besides, only wussies hide behind them all the time! :? :)

:mrgreen: Hello dont Be sad on Old goldy its his 1rst time dudes wen i bother to make a wad it wont be as good as that be happy that hes sending this

nofiocow said:
:mrgreen: Hello dont Be sad on Old goldy its his 1rst time dudes wen i bother to make a wad it wont be as good as that be happy that hes sending this

What?

please send

Sorry Had really bad grammer then do you have a link for doombuilder if u do please send :P

thanks nofiocow, anyway, sms thats a great Idea, I could make a picture of a sonic head using an outline of rings and maybe different flowers on the insinde! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back