FOFs over water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos said:
How would I do that in my own levels though?

Make a water FOF, Select sectors, look at the tag on that sector, make a new sector outside of the map.

Then make a linedef with the same tag as the water sector.

Move the floor and ceiling height of that to get it to look right.

It makes a huge wall inside the water, or it raises the water up. Can you explain that a little better?

Move the floor height and ceiling height in the sector and you've got a Block over water or a somewhat bride of some sort.

I'll try to get a tutorial on the srb2wiki.

I still need this.
Even with the tag as the water FOF, it gives me a bunch of graphic errors.

You have to give the water and the fof the same sector tag.

Example: tag 1=water tag 1 = fof but use your different heights for different sector tags.

I am really trying to help you. If you still dont understand lemme know.

Nobody gets this right.
The control sector tags can be independent of one another. Don't tag the FOF to the water control sector. Instead, set both the water and FOF linedefs to point to the sector tag of the sector in-level.

Morph said:
Chaos said:
Before opening this, is there anything on FOFs floating over/ on water?
Errrrm... What ???

Just use two control sectors with the same tag. That's nothing difficult.

If your waterblock has ceiling height 500 and floor height 0 and it uses the tag 5, for example: Then you just have to create another FOF control sector with, let's say, floor height 600 and ceiling height 650 using tag 5, too, and voilà there it is! A FOF floating 100 units above the water.

Morph said:
Morph said:
Chaos said:
Before opening this, is there anything on FOFs floating over/ on water?
Errrrm... What ???

Just use two control sectors with the same tag. That's nothing difficult.

If your waterblock has ceiling height 500 and floor height 0 and it uses the tag 5, for example: Then you just have to create another FOF control sector with, let's say, floor height 600 and ceiling height 650 using tag 5, too, and voilà there it is! A FOF floating 100 units above the water.
Where'd that quote coem from? I never posted that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back