• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Floral Cavern Zone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyanS

Hey!
Currently in work:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Link:http://www.sendspace.com/file/a50b4l

FINAL DEMO:SendSpace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/v9b87t
MediaFire:http://www.mediafire.com/download/55...avernzone1.wad
xgii2w.png
[/IMG]
osrd5j.png

Last edited:
So, I just played what you have so far, and I must say that it's quite good!

A few things I would like to see fixed or attended to though.

1:
srb20512.png

You are currently using GFALL1 as the waterfall texture, and that would work fine at the top of the water fall, but for the area that is not the top, you should use CFALL1. It will make the waterfall look much better, and make it not have the random highlight whenever the texture loops.

2:You should try to make the walls around the thok barrier not be a perfect square, since right now the level looks like square rooms with stuff thrown in. It looks very unnatural and would benefit from a few gagged spots on the walls in areas. That's not to say make it be super spike-y on the walls, but just enough to make it not look like you are in a box.

Other than those two things, it looks good so far, keep up the good work!

I already start expanding the map and i also do some minor change including: adding more enemies and changing the place of some monitors. I also change the waterfall texture from GFALL1 to CFALL1 you are right CoatRack it make it look better:
attachment.php

I think i can also do something with the shape of the thok barrier.

Last edited:
Just to let you know, those Skybase attachment files are not working as screenshots for me, I would recommend using something like Tinypic, Image Shack, or even Drop Box instead.

I FINISHED THE LEVEL. But before putting it in the submission section i want the people to test it maybe they will find something wrong or want some change:
So see the first post to download the Final demo.

So, I played the new version, and I noticed the outside parts still look like boxes with sectors drawn in them. While it looks good in the caves, it would be nice to see the outside parts look a bit more natural with some gagged edges and less of a box.

Also, the in the last room, the lake is way too deep if you ask me, not to mention there is nothing down there. I would advise making the lake be not as deep, and maybe make it have a bit of platforming in the wider part with the 1up and ring monitor down there.

One more thing I find odd is the invincibility, it is out in the open. I would think placing it where the air shield is would be better, or maybe making a new breakable wall for it.

thanks CoatRack. I will use your ideas.
Can you see the pictures now?

Last edited:
I have changed the shape of the thok barrier in the outdoor sections. They are no longer like squares.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back