Floor over Floor Over Floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just what it says.

There's a part to my level that requires me to make an FOFOF, but when I set up my FOFs, the FOF thats higher than the other just disappears as if never created.

If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it greatly.

Are you setting up FOFs manually, or through the FOF wizard? If you use the FOF wizard, then FOFOFs are not possible. If you already know how to set up a FOF manually then setting up a FOFOF is easy.

You make 2 sectors outside the map. You change the properties to each one to what you want. You pick a linedef on one of the control sectors and tag it to the sector you want. You do the same thing for the other sector. Then it should be good to go. If you find that confusing, then you can look at this example wad: http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/313FOFOF.wad

Oh geeze... See Making FOF's Manually is easy for me. as a matter of fact I wont use the wizard because i find it more confusing when making customs and it glitches a lot.

What my issue was is that I was not giving the sectors the Separate tag...
I feel like an idiot for making such a stupid mistake.

Looks like both sides of the offending linedef are be linked to the inner sector. Make sure the side facing outwards is connected to the sector without the FOFs, by editing the sidedef for the Front or Back side.

Simply put, the engine is being told the inner sector with the FOFs is continuing out from that linedef.

Yea that fixed it.
The way I had my barrier it was registering that it had a back sector and it was trying to connect the linedefs to it.

Thanks for the help.

As for the Floor over Floor over Floor issue, do it manually. The Setup Wizard is a lot more confusing than just creating the control sector yourself. If you insist on doing it with the Setup Wizard, then create two FOFs with the Setup Wizard, and change one of the tags so that they match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back