• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flash-drawn wads a.k.a. NG wads (cancelled)

Do you want a next gen sonic wad?

• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wtf r u talking about?

• no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yellow Blue Dude said:
GCFreak said:
mart_man2 said:
sorry i'm a new to the forums :twisted: :twisted: :P :P

That's no excuse for bad grammar/punctuation, excessive use of smileys, and stupidity.

I disagree. No-one tends to read the rules anymore therefore they make mistakes. I bet even you made 1 or 2 mistakes. Although I am hopeful my theory is wrong about not reading the rules.

Unfortunately, your theory is right about not reading the rules, but I did, and I've never made mistakes at all. Apart from having a warning for trolling, but I've been perfect otherwise. Being new to the forums is NO excuse for not reading the rules, period. Newcomers should read the rules BEFORE they register to the forums.

Why would you just assume that someone hates you because they are telling you about the rules? GCFreak is just trying to save you from suspension. How did we get into this conversation anyways? I thought this was a next gen topic. But now it has somehow moved the the rules section.

I was just curious as to how you know if you get a warning or not, because I would like to know if I got a warning for any reason.

Oooh! On topic!

Ok, after playing the real game('s demo) for once, I realized exactly how close our home-brewed loved and cared for project is. For one, I still prefer SA mode to the real game.

First, Sonic carries his momentum, making it impossible to stop, and the turning resembles what Billy Hatcher turns like when he tries to hold on to his egg.

NG sonic's thok is perfecty fine compared to the abomonaton the sonic in the real game has for a mid-air attack. Think about thoking diagonally downwards. Also in Next-Gen, Sonic's homing attack explodes on comtact, leaving not only your target destroyed, some of his comrades and a few boxes are destroyed.

All in all, the level is pretty close, given that they don't care about scenery. Still, it a appears that the mod team was satisfied with the deafault lap markers included in SRB2. The rails are rails, though quite frankly, it appears that these rails are rails just as much as a ladder I made (future SS64 beta). They tried, and that counts for something. The rail usage in the real game was very liberal, however. Rails could be homing attacked, and the accelerate system used was frustrating, at best. And the jumps needed to get those rainbow rings that thrust the player into an alternate route are just hard to get. I tried feebly to get on and fell in the void bellow. Yuck.

Moreover, this mod needs work. The only perfect level that is included in the mod is the very first level.

BlueZero4 said:
Oooh! On topic!

Ok, after playing the real game('s demo) for once, I realized exactly how close our home-brewed loved and cared for project is. For one, I still prefer SA mode to the real game.

First, Sonic carries his momentum, making it impossible to stop, and the turning resembles what Billy Hatcher turns like when he tries to hold on to his egg.

NG sonic's thok is perfecty fine compared to the abomonaton the sonic in the real game has for a mid-air attack. Think about thoking diagonally downwards. Also in Next-Gen, Sonic's homing attack explodes on comtact, leaving not only your target destroyed, some of his comrades and a few boxes are destroyed.

All in all, the level is pretty close, given that they don't care about scenery. Still, it a appears that the mod team was satisfied with the deafault lap markers included in SRB2. The rails are rails, though quite frankly, it appears that these rails are rails just as much as a ladder I made (future SS64 beta). They tried, and that counts for something. The rail usage in the real game was very liberal, however. Rails could be homing attacked, and the accelerate system used was frustrating, at best. And the jumps needed to get those rainbow rings that thrust the player into an alternate route are just hard to get. I tried feebly to get on and fell in the void bellow. Yuck.

Moreover, this mod needs work. The only perfect level that is included in the mod is the very first level.

RGxSS did say maybe 3 levels when he said what would be in this Mod.

Also is there a downloadable PC/Mac demo?

I said this to Moony about his Golden Ruin's mod and I'll say it to you; COMPRESS THE MUSIC OR USE MIDIS... please! :|

Well, I was excited when I downloaded this, and then I was sorta let down.

The sprites look good, but they don't feel quite right to me. And when I used mouselook (I also use it to move) to the left or right, it moved Sonic. Granted, the level design was great, but I just had a lot of problems with Sonic. But, since the next-gen Sonic has problems with moving, grinding, etc. I guess its accurate. The green light part confused me, then I realize I had to keep running, I expected a grind of some sort, but it was running instead, which I didn't like one bit.

I realize this is beta, and this has a lot of potential. I just have a lot of problems with Sonic's movement. If you patch that up, you'll have a great WAD going.

That was not a flame, it was consctructive criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back