• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flash-drawn wads a.k.a. NG wads (cancelled)

Do you want a next gen sonic wad?

• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wtf r u talking about?

• no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zonic The Hedgehog said:
Hey, this looks great so far! But can I ask a few things?

1) Is there going to be Town Stages?
2) What about a shop, where you can use your rings for special items? (Like real game)
3) Will you add cutscenes to the game? So its like the real thing? (I suggest using real ones, if you are going to do this I'll get em!)
1. The technical term is "Adventure Field"
2. That would be impossible to implement.
3. I do not know if RGX intends to include cutscenes, but I do know that SRB2's cutscene system could never handle a video file.

Zonic The Hedgehog said:

2) What about a shop, where you can use your rings for special items? (Like real game)
3) Will you add cutscenes to the game? So its like the real thing? (I suggest using real ones, if you are going to do this I'll get em!)

1. We don't know, were trying to make the basic levels first before we start going to town stages.

2. A shop? Thats something that is pretty diffucult and I doubt anybody is going to do that.

3. I'm planning to make cutscenes, but for now, I have to complete the sprites of the characters.

EDIT: Wow, you beat me to it.

Actually, since Adventure Field is the more descriptive term, and since it was the original. I would consider it the more accurate, and thusly the more technical.

Draykon said:
Actually, since Adventure Field is the more descriptive term, and since it was the original. I would consider it the more accurate, and thusly the more technical.

I heard some people Refer to it as a "world area"
Maybe you can refer to this. Or call it whatever you want Zonic the hedgehog

Zonic The Hedgehog said:

I don't think this is possible using srb2. I'm not an expert at wadding but i don't know how you would save the rings when you quit the game.

Well you could do town stages using teliports to go to different stages, like on SRB2 Hide and Seek Wad (the updated one)

RgxSuperSonic said:
Good News people! The beta will include rails and mach speed areas!

*Goes update front page...

Okay, if there are Mach Speed areas, then how fast does Sonic run outside of them? Or inside the Mach Speed areas, for that matter?

I was thinking that if it's possible that when you walk each step makes a sound like the landing sound in SA mode. If it's not possible I think it could be kind of bound to the moving key or something.

Lupo Aro said:
RgxSuperSonic said:

Okay, if there are Mach Speed areas, then how fast does Sonic run outside of them? Or inside the Mach Speed areas, for that matter?

We are still messing around with it to see if Sonic can run faster in the mach speed area.

metalsonic5555 said:
I was thinking that if it's possible that when you walk each step makes a sound like the landing sound in SA mode. If it's not possible I think it could be kind of bound to the moving key or something.

You mean to make the running actually sound like steps?

I really don't know if thats possible in SRB2.

metalsonic5555 said:

That probably wouldn't work. It would only play the sound once. But alas, I'm guessing. So don't listen to me.

RgxSuperSonic said:
Lupo Aro said:
RgxSuperSonic said:

We are still messing around with it to see if Sonic can run faster in the mach speed area.

metalsonic5555 said:

You mean to make the running actually sound like steps?

I really don't know if thats possible in SRB2.

Its possible, I can do it if you want :wink:
Its simply editing the States of the Socs

steps

It can't be a loud sound if theres one on every step. If it was loud it would get on everyones nerves. I know it would get on my nerves if it was loud. But it probably wouldn't be loud. In fact you probably worked all that out in your head before I posted this. I don't know why I even posted this if you had already worked it out in your head!

Kman said:
I have a question. How are you going to make the parts where you run on the walls?

There is not going to be a Running-on-a-wall feature in the Next-gen mod, Srb2 cannot support it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back