• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flash-drawn wads a.k.a. NG wads (cancelled)

Do you want a next gen sonic wad?

• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wtf r u talking about?

• no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RgxSuperSonic said:
Super mystic sonic said:
Good news, everyone. Sonic next gen is going superfast, even though I do to resize nearly every pic RgxSuperSonic makes. Lets see, I inserted the spinning sprites in Sonic next gen, and I've changed SNG's (sonic next gen) color to support doom. Color looks a lot better now. Even more important, I made the pic for the 1P screen (temporary, though) and I made a great Char life icon that has both SNG's name and face on it. It also works well with the X <total-lifes> thingy. Even MORE good news, RgxSS send me some instrumental music from a video. Well, lets say I took the whole not instrumental song and edited it to loop well, be a OGG file, and fit.

Now, for some bad news. RgxSS send me HUGE wallpapers (yeah, nearly wallpapers) that should act like the title screen. Well, let say that really didn't work. I can't resize a wallpaper to a tiny pic either without losing quite some quality. Sorry, but you really need to make smaller pics, RgxSS!

RgxSS, I like that...

On topic: Ok, my fault, I ripped it off a DVD, I will try to capture smaller pictures right now..

If I'm right, the wad should be send to you now. And for RgxSS.....lets say I didn't want to say the long, long, looong RgxSuperSonic everytime. Thats why I let me be called SMS all the time.

I've got some good news as well, Dark Mystic and CrimsonGodX are making new enemies for the wad, Its not certain if it will appear on the beta ,but I feel this as good news...

RgxSuperSonic said:
I've got some good news as well, Dark Mystic and CrimsonGodX are making new enemies for the wad, Its not certain if it will appear on the beta ,but I feel this as good news...
What do the enemies look like?

camo man said:
RgxSuperSonic said:
What do the enemies look like?

The new enemies will be based off of the new Sonic the Hedgehog game, and there is no pictures yet, the sprites are currently in development.

Sorry for the late response...

Jurai_Madman said:
Hey, will this wad have speed thok, or will the ability be named something different?

True Hyper Sonic said:
Isn't it obvious Sonic will have a speed thok? :roll:

Actually, me and Super Mystic Sonic are currently thinking about putting some new gameplay elements such as homing thok without jumping and triangle jump, we dont know how we are going to pull it off, but we are trying.

camo man said:
Dark Mystic said:
I am working on sprites of an idea...I will post when done with all 8 standing frames.
So are the enemies G.U.N.
robots or are they the strange lava people.?.

Does this answer your question?
robotsju4.png

Super mystic sonic said:
Good news, everyone. Sonic next gen is going superfast, even though I do to resize nearly every pic RgxSuperSonic makes. Lets see, I inserted the spinning sprites in Sonic next gen, and I've changed SNG's (sonic next gen) color to support doom. Color looks a lot better now. Even more important, I made the pic for the 1P screen (temporary, though) and I made a great Char life icon that has both SNG's name and face on it. It also works well with the X <total-lifes> thingy. Even MORE good news, RgxSS send me some instrumental music from a video. Well, lets say I took the whole not instrumental song and edited it to loop well, be a OGG file, and fit.

Now, for some bad news. RgxSS send me HUGE wallpapers (yeah, nearly wallpapers) that should act like the title screen. Well, let say that really didn't work. I can't resize a wallpaper to a tiny pic either without losing quite some quality. Sorry, but you really need to make smaller pics, RgxSS!
I have some music from next-gen already in Ogg form, and in a wad. I could send them if you want.

metalsonic5555 said:
I have some music from next-gen already in Ogg form, and in a wad. I could send them if you want.

If you have the loop ver of the main theme from the japenese website (before it was removed) or any level music, then sure.

camo man said:
SMS how many sprites have you put into the wad (approx). And at the rate you are wadding when do you personally feel a beta will be realesed, do you think it will be realeased Dec. 9 or sooner?

Why does this sound like a interview?

AND HERE'S THE OFFICIAL INTERVIEW WITH CAMO MAN!
<Camo Man> Super Mystic Sonic and RgxSuperSonic, how nice of you two to share some time with us!
<SMS> Its my pleasure.
<RgxSS> Glad to be here.
<Camo Man> First question goes to Super Mystic Sonic. How did you react when RgxSuperSonic asked you to help?
<SMS> While I was busy with quite a lot of things, I didn't really want to help someone with wadding as I was already helping 2 other persons with wads. Of course, I also had to go further with my own projects. But being of a kind nature, I decided to help out anyways.
<Camo Man> What wads were you busy with? Did you any spare time for yourself?
<SMS> SH-Sonic was 1 of those wads. Right now that wad is released, and its worth a try. Next day I was so busy with SMS1095, I completely forgot about Sonic-nextgen. It was quite a rush, and the practice beta I gave to RgxSS were a pain for the eye. Everything it was was a cheap replacement of the standing sprites. And those standing sprites didn't look good because I didn't took the time to save them in the right pallete.
<RgxSS> To tell the truth, I actually liked it quite a bit. Its just a practice wad, so it shouldn't have to be good or something. Although I was kinda bugged by those white dots surounding the Sonic-nextgen char.
<Camo Man> And what did I just hear? Did Super Mystic Sonic say the wad was going on quite well and fast?
<RgxSuperSonic> Yes he did. He posted me a beta of that Sonic next-gen beta he was talking about, and he didn't lie a thing. Although I don't think he should have added in those spinning sprites yet. Its too early to do that.
<Camo Man> You said the first public beta would be released on December the 9th?
<RgxSuperSonic> Thats right.
<Camo Man> How are you so sure that it will be released on December the 9th?
<RgxSuperSonic> To tell the truth, it just seems like a good date for a release *laughter*
<Camo Man> Is there any chance it will be released earlier.
<SMS> Well, we only need to do a little bit progress on SNG to release that. But keep in mind that its quite difficult to make 12 animations in 5 angles. In total that is 60 sprites to make. If we had everyday for SNG only, then the wad's first public beta would be released next week! But we don't have that time. We all have other projects to do, and our personal lives will take lots of time too. Sleeping, study, eating, talking, sports, and all that take lots of time. We could release it earlier, but thats only if we have luck. (and time)
<Camo Man> How is the Sonic next gen project is gonna be?
<RgxSS> Enemies, sounds, idea's, most of the idea's are just ripped of from the Sonic next-gen game itself. We hope to able to complete all these enemies, char(s), movenement restricitions and such. First I was planning to do just a character wad. But I felt it wouldn't really fit. I was trying to make it more next-gen like, but I failed. Now after teaming up with people like Super Mystic Sonic and InuYasha, I think we might be able to make a seperate exe file for this. The Sonic next-gen char is now changed to the Sonic next-gen mod.
<SMS> May I add that personally, I think RgxSS made a bad mistake. Its his first time wadding, and now starts a mod. Sure, he's good at spriting. But he misses knowledge of SRB2/Doom and also experience. The fact that he teamed up with several people that all have experience in differen't parts of wadding, was a great move of him. Everybody proffesional at something, and I hope RgxSS gives the right jobs to the right people. The future for this project is looking bright.
<Camo Man> Thank you for your time, gentlemen. We hope to see you again next interview.
<SMS> Glad to be able you out.
<RgxSS> Yes, thank you and goodbye.

END INTERVIEW

RgxSuperSonic said:
metalsonic5555 said:

If you have the loop ver of the main theme from the japenese website (before it was removed) or any level music, then sure.
If you mean "His World" I do have that. But I have it named O_SUPERS so it replaces the Super music. Also I have the looping music on the english site the one with with just the first part of His World, and I have what I think is the Kingdom Valley music but I'm not completly sure if it is.

:oops: So uh can I help with the mod please? I could probably supply the music since I have alot of resoures, and when the real Next-Gen comes out I'll have about all the songs on the game. :mrgreen:

metalsonic5555 said:
RgxSuperSonic said:
metalsonic5555 said:

If you mean "His World" I do have that. But I have it named O_SUPERS so it replaces the Super music. Also I have the looping music on the english site the one with with just the first part of His World, and I have what I think is the Kingdom Valley music but I'm not completly sure if it is.

:oops: So uh can I help with the mod please? I could probably supply the music since I have alot of resoures, and when the real Next-Gen comes out I'll have about all the songs on the game. :mrgreen:

I have the main theme (without singing) and His world..

the one i really needed was the one on the japeneese site before it was replaced by his world (which was also removed) and send me the music of the level, ill see if its kingdom valley.

I'll look for it I'm sure it's somewhere on the net. Maybe it could be "Sweet sweet sweet" did it sound kind of like a remix of the sonic 2 ending music? I'm sorry I didn't check out the jap site at that time.

I was bored, sue me...
This is what really happened...

<Camo Man> Super Mystic Sonic and RgxSuperSonic, how nice of you to share some time with us!
<SMS> Its my pleasure.
<RgxSS> Hey, wassup..
<Camo Man> First question goes to ...
<RgxSS> Hey where is the food?
<Camo Man> Food?
<RgxSS> Yeah, wasn't there supposed to be food here?
<Camo Man> Nothing of my knowledge...
<RgxSS> Ok, I'll be right back.....
<Camo Man> But, wait!!
<SMS> where are you...
*door closes.....
<SMS> .....
<Camo Man> So... Super Mystic Sonic, how does it feel like working with RgxSuperSonic?
<SMS> Well, he is a very talented artist and um...well... hes an idiot.....
<Camo Man> I...see...
*3 hours later
<SMS> RgxSuperSonic should've been here by now, it shouldn't take him this long to eat....
*SMS's cellphone rings
<SMS> Hello?
<RgxSS> Woohoo!!!!!!!
<SMS> Where are you!?
<RgxSS> I'm at Disney Land!!
<SMS> oh... wait a minute, WTF are you doing in Disney Land!?
<RgxSS> Yay!!!...
*SMS's cellphone loses signal.
<Camo Man> ...
<SMS> Do you see what I have to work with...
<Camo Man> I see.....your right, he is an idiot.
<SMS> *sigh Yeah...Wanna get pizza?
<Camo Man> Ok.
<SMS> Cool.
<Camo Man> But, what about the Interview!?
<SMS> I'll just make something up and put it on the forum.
*True ending of Interview...

*RgxSuperSonic was then shot by everyone in this forum, THE END!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back