• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

FlameSonic.wad

Do you think its a good start

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• eh...

• No

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you giving it a rating of ten as in /10=Complete recolor/ or are you saying
/10=Not really a recolor?

Recolors arn't usually welcome here, and get low ratings, so the Shadow recolor/10 thing means that a Shadow recolor gets a 1/10, which in this term means, it is very bad.

I'm not answering that. All in all, please stop the wad, period. He's a recolor. As soon as you release it, you're gonna get flamed.

Actually anyone with common sense here knows that flaming is against the rules, so no, he will not get flamed. Just have a couple negative words thrown at him.

I hate to break it to you all but most of the time, all the wads that were fan creations were all sprites that someone else made to make a recolor, I don't know why they do that......Oh, I know, maybe cause it's Easier
than to make you're own sprites.

Edit: They also add a few extra things to make their recolor, look like it was handmade, even though it's a recolor like every other fan creation turned into a wad. You see, in the world of spriting or recoloring, I know I'm correct,
most of the time people recolor because it's EASIER!

Oh. My. GOD.
That is apsoloute crap. It's a recolour, it is not shaded, it is badly drawn, and worst of all, it's fat. Only Eggman (And Eggrobo, although he's just big-bolted [/pun]) is allowed to be fat. And his bad hairdo...
Also, his head is facing the wrong way (OMGZ MY NEEK EET EEZ BRUKUN)
So if you think that picture will change picture's minds, it won't. It's just a bad recolour, and NOTHING that a n00b of your quality can do will change that. Face it.
Also, people make millons of recolours for their fan char. So? That doesn't mean it's good.
Don't double post, either.
And just because it's easier doesn't mean it's good. My avatar is a recolour, but I made it ages ago and I don't want to change it right now.

Actually, that was computer drawn, so it's supposed to be bad.

And if you all are obssesed about recolor, I'd like you to show me a picture of a non Sonic Team creation (as in no characters belongong to sonic team and sega) that's a wad and not a picture, if you can show me that picture of a wad that's not a recolor, I will accept that Flame Sonic and Flame Shadow are recolors. (who definetly don't relate to sonic and shadow all (except for flame shadow because he looks close to shadow)) And 1 question, does sonic have a stripe on his spikes? Huh, does he?NO! I don't think so! Can Shadow and Sonic control fire and lava?NO! I don't think so!Does sonic and shadow have Spiked Gloves?NO! I don't think so!

Edit: Shall I explain some more?

SonicandKai.gif

Kai.
Also, if it's too close (Like just small amount of editing) it's still a recolour. If the powers are different (Lava) Or there's a stripe on the forehead? Recolour.
Your WADs and charecters are less edited then SMS, and here, that means alot.
Spikes? Small differance.
Stripes? Small differance.
Different Powers? Small differance.
Face it. It's a recolour. Good wads can be made without being recolours.
You just have to use your ability.
So far, you have shown none. Zilch. Zada. Zero. Nothing.

You don't pay atention to much, A recolor would be like making a green sonic and naming it Manic without the spiked gloves or mini couat shirt thingy. THAT'S A recolor.

Your charecters are still recolours.
They are only slightly edited. That still classifies them as recolours.
They are, face it.
And I pay attention to a lot, thank you. Your reasons are just lame.

A recolor by definition is a character who has been created by making minor modifications to an existing character. As Ree/Naga-C once said "They typically have elemental powers, and are often pimpslapped"

So yeah, this is a recolor, and I don't appreciate someone making a character WAD just to play with spiked gloves >_> (As there are a million WADs out there already with modified spines, and a Fire Blast attack)

Draykon just repeated what I was trying to say, but in better words. Go figure, you can talk some sense into this idiot!

Have you ever heard the saying "don't judge a book by its cover"?

That's what I can see out of you, you're obssesed on judging a book by a book instead of reading it. (going by the saysing) So you should stop "judging" a book by its cover, Flaming people for their recolors isn't gonna make people like you, have you ever thought, this person might not be able to sprite as good as other people (or yourself) so Keep your thoughts to yourself. Cause I can tll you NO ONE likes judgmental people such as yourself, which will, as I believe, get you NO friends!

Obviously telling you your wad is a recolor, is like talking to a brick wall.
These people have given you fine examples of what a recolor is, your wad matches the definition.Stop saying they are wrong, and stop ranting, please.

If you want your wads to be respected, make them from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back